Thread: Vick to the Bills? (American Football)

Default Vick to the Bills? (American Football)

So, all over sports talk Radio today (ESPN the Herd) they are talking about Michael Vick going to the Bills.

Regardless of your feelings about Vick and his role in Fighting Dogs and smuggling contraband through Miami International.... do you think he's a good fit for the Bills?

Isn't Chan Gailey the coach now?

I still remember watching him play for my beloved Atlanta Falcons, he was super exciting, and the Nike Video of him throwing to Terrell..... well now he gets a chance to do it in a game. Vick, Terrell Owens, Lee Evans... they've gotta be a pick to go the playoffs. Hell, Vick pretty much single handidly took the Falcons to the NFC championship game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

Default Re: Vick to the Bills? (American Football)

I'm sure this belongs in the general chat area and not debate and discussion.

I am, however, quite curious to see if anyone besides you even likes American football, because it is dumb, :P
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Vick is a prominant figure with all his off the field issues.... why would this not belong in this thread? (I thought we were merging the two anyway)
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

Good luck. NFL has historically fared poorly in our little community.

You're a fan fuck face.

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOgre
    Vick is a prominant figure with all his off the field issues.... why would this not belong in this thread? (I thought we were merging the two anyway)
    The two will most likely not be merged, and this subject doesn't really fit this forum.

Anyway, no idea what you're talking about otherwise I don't know the first thing about American Football.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir
    I don't know the first thing about American Football.
    Half of each team wears large clothes and stands around a lot waiting for something to happen.

Then the other half of each team, also wearing large clothes, comes onto the field and stands around a lot waiting for something to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOgre
    So, all over sports talk Radio today (ESPN the Herd) they are talking about Michael Vick going to the Bills.

Regardless of your feelings about Vick and his role in Fighting Dogs and smuggling contraband through Miami International.... do you think he's a good fit for the Bills?

Isn't Chan Gailey the coach now?

I still remember watching him play for my beloved Atlanta Falcons, he was super exciting, and the Nike Video of him throwing to Terrell..... well now he gets a chance to do it in a game. Vick, Terrell Owens, Lee Evans... they've gotta be a pick to go the playoffs. Hell, Vick pretty much single handidly took the Falcons to the NFC championship game.
    Obligatory *** the Falcons!!
    <<Panthers fan.

I don't know what kind of fit he would be, but the Bills definitely need an effective quarterback, and he has been in the past, so it might be an interesting acquisition. I still think they're far from playoff contention; TO is getting older and had a crummy season, and Lynch wasn't so good either. Defense (IIRC) was just average.

Tear lives in Buffalo?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2

Half of each team wears large clothes and stands around a lot waiting for something to happen.

Then the other half of each team, also wearing large clothes, comes onto the field and stands around a lot waiting for something to happen.
    Don't forget the guys getting drunk in the stands, waiting for something to happen.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

So all that happens is drinking ? It might be the perfect sport for a host of forum members then
    Congratulations America

I don't know about that. There's been whispers about McNabb going, and I can't see vick following suit if that is the case.
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2

Oh look, another person who doesn't know the rules of a game, so mocks it. Christ.
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

I used to follow the game avidly back in my college years, around the time when Ch4 ran saturday morning broadcasts on the NFL in the late 80s/early 90s.

I used to play in a casual side at college.

I also used to see the London Monarchs play in the collapsed World League at Wembley.

I know the rules reasonably well.

I mock it because, like anything in life, it is mockable.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Colonial Football has taught me that a nipple is more powerful than the sword.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

As far as vick staying with philly, he's has a multi million dollar contract. He played just a couple of plays. With the cap gone, philly is going to want to spend that money somewhere else... and kolb is their future anyway.

Terrell didn't have a qb this year...