Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1666

Thread: Zionuts

Normal ass country.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

"You know Feodor, we never have pogroms anymore. Why is that?"
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Can't do that as long as planes have engines.
    Hope is the denial of reality

From BBC:

"Violence by Israeli settlers in the West Bank has increased over the last three weeks, according to OCHA, which has recorded 171 settler attacks against Palestinians.

Almost half of all incidents involved Israeli forces accompanying or actively supporting Israeli settlers, it says."

Netanyahu is doing his best to provoke a two-front war.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hil...ont-know-hamas

"Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton pushed back on activists demanding a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas, saying such an agreement would be a "gift" for the terrorist government.

The former presidential candidate made the remarks during the James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy's 30th anniversary event on Thursday.

"People who are calling for a ceasefire now, don’t understand Hamas," Clinton said, according to The Jerusalem Post. "That is not possible.""

Huh, didn't think I'd be praising Hillary Clinton, but here we are in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    From BBC:

"Violence by Israeli settlers in the West Bank has increased over the last three weeks, according to OCHA, which has recorded 171 settler attacks against Palestinians.

Almost half of all incidents involved Israeli forces accompanying or actively supporting Israeli settlers, it says."

Netanyahu is doing his best to provoke a two-front war.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    There should be int'l warrants out for the arrest of anyone who orders or carries out attacks that kill hundreds of refugees.
    It depends if there was a legitimate military target among the refugees. The fundamental problem isn't that Israel is killing civilians (unavoidable during war time), but that Israel loosened the rules of engagement to the point where it's acceptable to kill dozens of civilians if it means killing a single Hamas lieutenant. Israel isn't targeting civilians, but neither is it trying to minimize civilian casualties when doing so would allow some Hamas members to escape. It's basically Fallujah, only with far more civilians and with those civilians having nowhere to flee.

Telling a million people to leave their homes in anticipation of an attack, especially when there's nowhere for them to go, is unjustifiable. Acting as if the people who remained aren't protected civilians would constitute war crimes.

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

It depends if there was a legitimate military target among the refugees. The fundamental problem isn't that Israel is killing civilians (unavoidable during war time), but that Israel loosened the rules of engagement to the point where it's acceptable to kill dozens of civilians if it means killing a single Hamas lieutenant. Israel isn't targeting civilians, but neither is it trying to minimize civilian casualties when doing so would allow some Hamas members to escape. It's basically Fallujah, only with far more civilians and with those civilians having nowhere to flee.

Telling a million people to leave their homes in anticipation of an attack, especially when there's nowhere for them to go, is unjustifiable. Acting as if the people who remained aren't protected civilians would constitute war crimes.
    Yes, and there should be int'l warrants out for the arrest of anyone who does what you describe. Such people belong in jail; they should not know a single moment of peace outside the borders of their war crime sanctuary.

Imagine electing this kind of a shithead to represent you in Congress:

I'm shocked that he represents Florida.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/30/u...en-israel.html

It became evident to U.S. officials that Israeli leaders believed mass civilian casualties were an acceptable price in the military campaign. In private conversations with American counterparts, Israeli officials referred to how the United States and other allied powers resorted to devastating bombings in Germany and Japan during World War II — including the dropping of the two atomic warheads in Hiroshima and Nagasaki — to try to defeat those countries.
    Oh My God He Admit It

I'm shocked that he represents Florida.
    I was gonna say something but didn't wanna sound racist

Did Wiggin go join the fight?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

More on Israeli settlers trying to provoke another war while the IDF stands by: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/02/w...-settlers.html

The Middle East's Only Democracy feat. The World's Most Moral Army

The village’s children tremble with fear as their parents recount how the settlers dragged three men from their families, stripped them to their underwear, blindfolded them with their own T-shirts and took turns beating them. When Abu Hassan, a 58-year-old Bedouin goatherd, begged for mercy and pointed to a scar from a recent heart surgery, one of the Israelis slammed a rifle butt into his chest. Then, they urinated on him.

“Leave! Go to Jordan, go wherever,” he remembers them shouting. “Or we will kill you.”

At least 125 Palestinians have also been killed in the West Bank by the Israeli army and armed settlers in the weeks since, according to data from local health authorities and the UN. Nearly 1,000 Palestinians have been forced from their villages by armed settlers, mostly in a wide swath of land dubbed Area C where the Israeli army has direct authority.

Abdel Hakim Wadi collects olives from a tree. His brother and nephew were shot dead by settlers and he is unable to harvest his olive grove for fear of settler violence
    At the same time, armed settlers have stepped up their assaults on Palestinians, especially those in remote villages. The EU on Wednesday referred to these assaults as “settler terrorism”, asking Israel to rein them in.

UN data shows that assaults have doubled since the Hamas attack, and human rights groups such as Israel’s Yesh Din have documented a rise in cases where Israeli soldiers — including settlers who have been called up for reserve duty — either stood by, or have intervened only to aid the settlers.

“The settlers already know they have impunity as civilians, now they have it as soldiers too,” said Yahav Erez, the international advocacy co-ordinator at Yesh Din, noting how very few cases of settler or soldier violence were investigated, let alone prosecuted.

Yesh Din said it could identify one single Israeli who had been questioned for attacks on Palestinians — an arrest that came the day after US president Joe Biden said extremist settlers “have to be held to account”.

Meanwhile, 1,512 Palestinians have been arrested since October 7, according to prisons data given to Hamoked, an Israeli NGO. More than 700 are being held without charges.

The settlers gleefully share videos of assaults on Telegram channels with tens of thousands of subscribers. Abu Hassan’s beating was photographed by his attackers, and in another video from Hebron this week, men in Israeli military uniforms are heard laughing as they beat, bind and blindfold Palestinian men, several of them stripped naked.

As one of them bends over to kick a Palestinian, he can be seen wearing the broad knitted kippa favoured by religious nationalist settlers. The Israeli military said that “the conduct of the force that emerges from the footage is deplorable and does not comply with the army’s orders”, and that it was investigating the incident.

Moves by Israel’s far-right finance minister, a settler himself, to stop the transfer of about $500mn to the Palestinian Authority, which administers the West Bank, will deliver a further economic hit. Israel collects the money from customs and other taxes on behalf of the PA, which uses the funds to pay salaries and run their limited administration.

“We [will not] transfer money to this despicable enemy,” Bezalel Smotrich said, referring to the PA, a rival to Hamas.

Cutting funds to the PA, choking the economy and the forced displacement of Palestinians, in addition to settlers stopping Palestinians from the annual olive harvest in October, creates an explosive situation in the West Bank, warn international observers and Palestinians.

The surge in violence has left Abdel Hakim Wadi, 52, mourning the loss of his brother and nephew. On October 11, after armed settlers shot four people in his village of Qusra, his brother Ibrahim and 26-year-old Ahmed decided to help with the funeral.

Both were scions of a proud political family, with photographs of their meetings with Jordan’s King Abdullah and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in their living rooms. Ibrahim was a chemist, and Ahmed, an avid traveller and law student.

They went to a nearby hospital in a small convoy, including ambulances to carry the dead, hoping to avoid the settlers living nearby on land confiscated from Qusra village. On their way back, said Wadi, they were asked by an Israeli military liaison to change their route.

They drove straight into an ambush, Wadi said, with the settlers blocking the road and burning tyres. Rifle and pistol fire came from a grove of olive trees nearby. “They were screaming, burn the ambulance, burn the bodies,” he said.

Dashcam footage at the chaotic scene shows Israeli soldiers firing near the Palestinians, as Wadi said his brother tried to create a path for the ambulances. He turned around to see Ibrahim crumple from a gunshot wound. His nephew ran for his car, but was shot dead before he reached it.

Israel quickly becoming a state sponsor of terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Occupation bad. Terrorism bad.
    Killing/orphaning thousands of children worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Occupation bad. Terrorism bad.
    Counterpoint - lack of 'occupation' of Gaza strip led to bad things.

Yes, Lewk. There were definitely no Palestinian uprisings during that occupation.

fellas is it antisemitic to not support war crimes

Israel is setting itself up for decades more terrorism just as it has in its past efforts to quell the same. Why is Israel so blind to its own history? I always felt Israel was the most antisemitic nation in the world. I wish they would prove me wrong by not setting the stage for decades more terrorism against its own people.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Did Wiggin go join the fight?
    I am not a citizen of Israel, so that is unlikely. I am also not a member of Hamas, Hezbollah, PIJ, the Houthi regime, or the IRGC. Nor am I a member of the United States military.

I have, however, been very busy with the ramifications of the current war. I have determined that arguing with people on the internet is not a good use of my time at the moment, especially since it is wildly unlikely that anyone's opinions are going to change due to said argument.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Of course it is. Just like it's pro-apartheid to be sparing a thought for the 1400 dead Israelis and 200+ still kidnapped women and children now, when Israel is being wrong
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Of course it is. Just like it's pro-apartheid to be sparing a thought for the 1400 dead Israelis and 200+ still kidnapped women and children now, when Israel is being wrong
    How often do you talk to figments of your imagination mate

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Israel is setting itself up for decades more terrorism just as it has in its past efforts to quell the same. Why is Israel so blind to its own history? I always felt Israel was the most antisemitic nation in the world. I wish they would prove me wrong by not setting the stage for decades more terrorism against its own people.
    I think it's a natural consequence of being the middle east's only democracy. Think about it.

It's almost as if having a cabinet that includes genocidal fascists during wartime is a bad idea.

How often do you talk to figments of your imagination mate
    All the time, it's kinda common among introverts. Remind me again how your own fantasist invention of emotions, motivations, and intentions toward all the wrongheaded people on your twitter feed the last decade has been working for you?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    All the time, it's kinda common among introverts. Remind me again how your own fantasist invention of emotions, motivations, and intentions toward all the wrongheaded people on your twitter feed the last decade has been working for you?
    I'm not an introvert, so I don't find it particularly difficult to be right about these things.

Criticism of Israel is routinely portrayed—in mainstream fora and the establishment—as being antisemitic or as a means of furthering antisemitism. Politicians, analysts, journalists, our bosses, etc—normal people with influence—uncritically buy into this notion that intense criticism of Israel is unfair and antisemitic or rooted in antisemitism, conflating the Israeli state's policies with Jewish identity.

In contrast, thinking that it's bad to mourn victims of terrorism is a pretty fringe ass view, in the West. The US supports Israel with money and arms, and calling for an end to that support is antisemitic. Feeling bad for the victims of terror is just being normal. Feeling bad for the victims of state terror is, of course, political.

Anyway, you don't even care about any of the victims on either side so pipe down.