Thread: Zionuts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nessie, I haven't a clue what you're asking. Seriously.

On another note, I find it incredibly depressing that the so-called 'Palestine papers' that al-Jazeera just released with the Guardian are being denied as lies by the Palestinian leadership precisely because it shows them making reasonable concessions to the Israelis during negotiations. Presumably, that's because the Arab world would be shocked to find Palestinian negotiators willing to discuss core issues in a reasonable manner. The papers make the Israelis look much worse, but it's the Palestinians who are panicking. This world is fucked up.

(Now I have my doubts about the authenticity of the papers, but that's neither here nor there. The reaction is what's depressing.)

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    Nessie, I haven't a clue what you're asking. Seriously.
    Okay, straight face, no sarcasm in the following, and I would love a response

I have several accounts saying that the "conservative movement" has a voter base mostly in the South where the phrase "Jew York" is a common term, indicating that Jews are overly represented in governance and finance and so on, the Weimar Germany stuff pretty much unaltered. These are the types of people who hate Catholics and the wrong breeds of protestants, unless they're Catholics. I'm sure they're very nice people, but they're not exactly the picture of tolerance.

Now, we also know that the Pubbie election cycle will be a circus. You have Sarah, that Mormon guy, Donald fucking Trump, these are people who are all trying for the presidency of the Free world! So my question is, in what likelyhood are any of these conservative, dim-dum jackasses going to say something retarded about Jews?
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    I have several accounts saying that the "conservative movement" has a voter base mostly in the South where the phrase "Jew York" is a common term, indicating that Jews are overly represented in governance and finance and so on, the Weimar Germany stuff pretty much unaltered. These are the types of people who hate Catholics and the wrong breeds of protestants, unless they're Catholics. I'm sure they're very nice people, but they're not exactly the picture of tolerance.

Now, we also know that the Pubbie election cycle will be a circus. You have Sarah, that Mormon guy, Donald fucking Trump, these are people who are all trying for the presidency of the Free world! So my question is, in what likelyhood are any of these conservative, dim-dum jackasses going to say something retarded about Jews?
    I find it unlikely that any of the front-runners will get caught saying anything disparaging about Jews (e.g. 'Jews control the media', 'Jews control finance', 'Jews control the Democratic/Republican party', etc.) though I have no doubt that a number of prominent politicians may privately hold such opinions. No one is stupid, and whether the offensive comment comes from the left (e.g. Rev. Wright) or the right (Pat Buchanan) they pretty much lose any chance of legitimacy in politics.

I have no doubt that there are plenty of antisemites and racists and the like left in America (though I wouldn't restrict them to the South), but publicly pandering to such sensibilities is a recipe for political suicide. There is a fairly large 'moderate' chunk of Americans who are repelled by such rhetoric, and who punish candidates who use it. This, incidentally, is why I find it unlikely Palin has much of a chance at national office (not specifically having to do with Jews, of course, but more generally her incendiary rhetoric). Certainly demagogues do use various proxies for the 'Jew' - bankers, 'mainstream media', neoconservatives, etc. - but they'd never link it to a specific group without serious political fallout.

That being said, I'd like to emphasize that it's not specifically the hard core 'conservative base' that may harbor such sentiments towards Jews - it's a pretty common complaint in lefty circles as well - whether it's haranguing about insider connections of Jews from finance or the media that are latently anti-liberal, or Jewish neocons who distort US foreign policy towards the right. It's easy to blame the Jews for pretty much anything, despite the fact that (a) Jews aren't so powerful, and (b) those Jews who do exercise influence pull in all policy directions, so there's hardly a unified 'Jewish' position on much of anything.