Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Zionuts

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/arti...d-execute.html

I struggle to understand how people like this get elected.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

You didn't know about the space laser?
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/arti...d-execute.html

I struggle to understand how people like this get elected.
    I don't think its fair or responsible to compare in any way that Republican nut-job to AOC's agenda.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    I don't think its fair or responsible to compare in any way that Republican nut-job to AOC's agenda.
    I do agree there. Although it's fair to compare, in order to conclude how much crazier the GOP fringe is.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    You didn't know about the space laser?
    Yeah, but I didn't know it was Jewish! I thought it was reptilian..

Yeah, but I didn't know it was Jewish! I thought it was reptilian..
    Believe it or not the reptilian stuff is rooted in an antisemitic conspiracy theory.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Believe it or not the reptilian stuff is rooted in an antisemitic conspiracy theory.
    I'd say; enlighten us. Because I have a bit of a hard time seeing the connection. I'm familiar enough with most code words covering for a hate for Jews, but I have a bit of a hard time seeing an obvious similarity between them and what amounts to colonization of earth. Merely sharing a general purpose seems a bit thin to me.
    Congratulations America

In Icke's conspiracy fantasy, the Rothschilds—and others—are shape-shifting blood-drinking reptilian monsters who control the world. It's just a modern (well, now retro) antisemitic blood libel.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    In Icke's conspiracy fantasy, the Rothschilds—and others—are shape-shifting blood-drinking reptilian monsters who control the world. It's just a modern (well, now retro) antisemitic blood libel.
    Just including Jews in the group of reptilians doesn't make it anti-semitic. The vast majority of the people he thinks are reptilians aren't Jews.

From what I read about his ideas the Rothschilds are mere bit players in the big game. Usually the mere mention of their name is enough to make me suspicious. But with Icke it seems more like an equal opportunities madness.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I'd say; enlighten us. Because I have a bit of a hard time seeing the connection. I'm familiar enough with most code words covering for a hate for Jews, but I have a bit of a hard time seeing an obvious similarity between them and what amounts to colonization of earth. Merely sharing a general purpose seems a bit thin to me.
    Lizard conspiracies predate Icke and have obvious parallels with antisemitic conspiracy theories. But also, Icke is definitely an antisemite.

For example:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ry-ncna1253819

https://www.varsity.co.uk/comment/11782

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...atures.weekend

If you really want to dig into this there's all sorts of scholarship tying antisemitism to various tropes that are copied by the current Icke conspiracy theory: blood libels, shapeshifting, equating to animals/nonhuman/subhuman, covert control of financial and political institutions, etc. And it's not exactly hard for their followers to put two and two together:

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/ful...63947020971997

Eh, I feel a bit stupid now. I obviously was distracted by the role of the Rothschilds in the theory, and somehow missed the drinking of blood of blond blue eyed children. That leaves little to no room for doubt. In my defense, all I knew about reptilianism was that it involved Elizabeth II being a leader amongst them.
    Congratulations America

Eh, I feel a bit stupid now. I obviously was distracted by the role of the Rothschilds in the theory, and somehow missed the drinking of blood of blond blue eyed children. That leaves little to no room for doubt. In my defense, all I knew about reptilianism was that it involved Elizabeth II being a leader amongst them.
    That's okay, it's hard to keep track of all of the batshit ways that people think Joos are out to get them.

It turns out that was just a case of mistaken identity. She's not reptilian at all, she just looks like one.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

thread

Not sure anti-Semitism is the right label here. Presumably they wouldn't hire any non-Christian. Probably not any Catholic either.
    Hope is the denial of reality

It's funny because I have a religiously observant Jewish friend who has taught for years at Catholic high schools and colleges and found the nuns and priests 'got' his religious observances and schedule much better than secular institutions, and they respected him for his committed observance. But these were not elite academic institutions and they were just happy to have a competent and committed teacher.

It's funny because I have a religiously observant Jewish friend who has taught for years at Catholic high schools and colleges and found the nuns and priests 'got' his religious observances and schedule much better than secular institutions, and they respected him for his committed observance. But these were not elite academic institutions and they were just happy to have a competent and committed teacher.
    And then there's the Illinois religious college that fired someone for wearing a hijab and saying the Christian and Muslim gods are the same.

I suspect it has a lot to do with the personnel, institutional culture, etc. I've been entertained to see the reverse situation, where secular or gentile staff at religious Jewish schools and universities have some serious culture shock when they go down the rabbit hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Not sure anti-Semitism is the right label here. Presumably they wouldn't hire any non-Christian. Probably not any Catholic either.
    It's possible they're equal-opportunity bigots, but the behavior and comments of the other staff, the bacon-trap, etc. suggest there's also a more specific element—and that they go out of their way to give Jewish applicants a tailored reception. Regardless, what a fucking place. Nobody's gonna name and shame, with the job market being what it is.

It's possible they're equal-opportunity bigots, but the behavior and comments of the other staff, the bacon-trap, etc. suggest there's also a more specific element—and that they go out of their way to give Jewish applicants a tailored reception. Regardless, what a fucking place. Nobody's gonna name and shame, with the job market being what it is.
    For what it's worth, the guy ended up in a top program. Don't tell Dread I said that.

I suspect it has a lot to do with the personnel, institutional culture, etc. I've been entertained to see the reverse situation, where secular or gentile staff at religious Jewish schools and universities have some serious culture shock when they go down the rabbit hole.
    I've heard of lots of horror stories from Evangelical colleges. And they seem to be getting worse in the past decade.

But even Notre Dame gives hiring and tenure preference to Catholics.

This is the woman that half the congressional GOP gave a standing ovation to.

How can Trump be antisemitic if he loves Israel? QED libs.

These people are fetishists. Evangelicals are creepy ass fetishists.

How can Trump be antisemitic if he loves Israel? QED libs.

These people are fetishists. Evangelicals are creepy ass fetishists.
    His daughter is Jewish. Also Trump is certainly not an Evangelical.

Did you have a point?

How could I possibly be a misogynistic pervert my daughter is a woman my wife is a woman even my victims are women

The point is that the Senator who pushed this ludicrous antisemitic argument—equating a focus on Netanyahu's and Israel's interests with not being antisemitic—is a creepy Evangelical fetishist. So are you, obv. Trump is the golden orange calf of these creepy Evangelical fetishists.

https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/antis...g-jesus-667497

Aside from the crazy content in the sermon, I did have the same question as the article as well:
    It wasn’t clear why an administrative services agency would post a sermon of any kind. Regina Meiners, the acting director of the Washington Headquarters Service, did not return a request for comment.

Aside from the crazy content in the sermon, I did have the same question as the article as well:
    The content of the sermon is hardly crazy, it's a commonly held belief among Christians the world over and has been a major motivator of Christian antisemitism for nearly 2,000 years. It's just wildly inappropriate in this context.

I don't think I understand from a theological perspective. If it is true that he was singling out the Jews, then my understanding is that Christian's believe everyone who has lived is guilty of causing Jesus's death, and that without his death they would not have eternal life, so both Jews and gentiles alike bear the burden of his death. However, I'm also unclear from the article itself if he made a statement specifically signaling out Jews, or was instead encouraging everyone who is guilty of sin, (read: everyone in the Christian tradition) to apologize (repent).

If so, that is pretty much the foundation of all Christian theology, and hardly what I would consider Zionuts, our outside the mainstream of Christian teachings.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    I don't think I understand from a theological perspective. If it is true that he was singling out the Jews, then my understanding is that Christian's believe everyone who has lived is guilty of causing Jesus's death, and that without his death they would not have eternal life, so both Jews and gentiles alike bear the burden of his death. However, I'm also unclear from the article itself if he made a statement specifically signaling out Jews, or was instead encouraging everyone who is guilty of sin, (read: everyone in the Christian tradition) to apologize (repent).

If so, that is pretty much the foundation of all Christian theology, and hardly what I would consider Zionuts, our outside the mainstream of Christian teachings.
    It's even simpler than this. Jesus was God made human with the sole purpose to teach our ancestors how not to be dicks to each other, to instruct them to spread that knowledge to everyone, and then to be the last sacrifice, through which humanity can be freed of original sin's mandatory damnation -- have a chance at afterlife in the presence of God the Father. The plan all along was for Jesus to die on the cross, right from when that angel knocked Mary up. Jesus knew it and even begged God for another way. But God said nope, you have to go through with it, humanity needs your sacrifice.

Understanding this, how the fuck can anyone think it makes sense to point at anyone else and say "your fault!?!" And how can an apology be justified, requested, or wanted, for the role anyone's ancient ancestors had in the Divine Plan which literally brought the chance for eternal joy to every human being that has since lived? I mean, what if everyone played nice and Jesus DIDN'T get crucified for fucks sake?? Of course it could never happen, because God wanted it to happen!!! And if anything, we should all be pissed off at the, ahem, large portion of Christianity that's missed entirely the part about not being a dick! Despite Jesus' sacrifice, Hell is not a lonely place.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

So, I'm obviously not raised Christian, therefore didn't realise if this was pretty normal, sorry about that. Seems to me making people from another religion apologise for a killing 2000 years ago seems a bit.. petty and crazy. And either way wildly inappropriate for a government service.