Thread: Zionuts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I meant Jewish players.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I meant Jewish players.
    Well, if they allow Israeli players already, there's no reason to expect they'd ban jewish players from less hated countries, obviously.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    It does appear Israel has prevented the Palestine football team from going to world cup qualifiers. So much for their call to 'seperate politics and sport', but I guess that only applies when it's about other countries. And then I'm not even mentioning the players who have been killed, or detained without trial, and the fact their stadium was bombed, because they might actually have a reason for that (hard to say though, if you detain people without trial, but that's a bigger problem anyway).
    I agree with you in principal, though keep in mind that it's fairly provocative for FIFA to even recognize Palestine as a country for football purposes. I can't think of a solid parallel, maybe if FIFA were to recognize the Catalonia national football team or a Basque team. But exit visas for Palestinians are notoriously difficult; after all it's a belligerent occupation, so the issue isn't confined to football.

Meanwhile, reading all the Ariel Sharon obituaries today...