Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Football ('Soccer') Season 10/11

Been a pretty shitty season I'll be honest. Not sure what to think of Dalglish being manager again, he is undeniably a legend but not sure if he's the right person or not.

Not sure if it's the right place, but an ethics official of the FIFA resigned.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9355306.stm
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Bloody hell, I just looked at the Premiership table. West Ham aren't blowing so many bubbles at the moment are they?!
    All those moments lost in time... like tears in the rain

No. They aren't.

Beat Wolves two nil the weekend before last - jumped up 5 places to 15th in the table, then got thumped 5-0 by Newcastle and dropped all the way to bottom again.

It's so tight at the bottom though - 2 points between 7 teams.

Still, beat Brum 2-1 in Carling Cup semi-final 1st leg last night, so a chance of silverware at least this season. Still in the FA cup too after beating Barnsley.

I think Grant is the odds on favourite for next manager sacking though.

~

Anyone else astonished at the Chelski self-destruct that's been happening this last month or so? What the ... ?

They're my one hope for keeping Man U from league victory.

~

Who do you support xaero? Oxford?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    They're my one hope for keeping Man U from league victory.

~

Who do you support xaero? Oxford?
    You're going to hate me, but I'm actually a Man Utd fan. I got a shirt for Xmas at the age of 8 and have been a fan ever since. Can't stand Oxford Utd myself, they're a bunch of clowns. How the Kazaam millionaire ever wanted to invest in the club, I don't quite know. Still, they got a good stadium out of it!

BREAKING NEWS: Liverpool have put in a bid for Andy Murray to replace Fernando Torres, a spokesman said they'd never seen anyone hit the net so many times in 90 minutes.

Quite a remarkable turnaround so far with Kenny in charge, the victory against Chelsea was a brilliant game to watch.

Didn't watch it - but I bet Torres wasn't in the best of moods after that match ...
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Shops around Liverpool have signs in the window "no refunds for Torrest memorabilia"

Can't believe Man Utd's unbeaten streak this season was brought to an end by Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by xaero1 View Post
    Can't believe Man Utd's unbeaten streak this season was brought to an end by Wolves

Good ol' wolves.

~

Redknapp's boys doing the astonishing by walking out of the San Siro last night with an away goal to nil.

Gattuso acting like a complete tit at the end by appearing to butt Joe Jordan, one of the Spurs' managers, and grabbing him by the throat.

Watta Wanka

~

See if the Arsenal manage to pull off something special tonight against Barca at the Emirates. Wish I could watch but i have to sit in traffic trying to get across South Landan.

We pulled it off baby

Oh yes. And how!

Nicely done.

Apparently the Barcelona Manager Pep Guardiola has organised the next team training session to be held at a local dog training school. Sources say he wants to teach his squad how to hold onto a lead....
    Last edited by xaero1; 02-17-2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: can't spell