Thread: Hazir - Will Treves ... ?

Default Hazir - Will Treves ... ?

Re: Your thread in ACC.

Would be very interested to see the email Will sent, or a summary if you don't want to post verbatim.

Sounds like it was quite ... sensible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Default Re: Hazir - Will Treves ... ?

Yeah, I'd like to see it as well. Maybe post here?

Sorry, I think it would violate common courtesy to reproduce a personal* e-mail he sent to me, so I will not do that.

In this e-mail what he wrote gave me the opinion that the policy change was indeed what was intended, but that the way it implemented might have been a bit better thought out. He recognizes that the change caused and upset in the community.

* I have good reason to assume the e-mail was not just a standard reply.
    Congratulations America

When I first wrote to him back on the 12th he responded on the 13th that he was concerned to hear my complaint and that he'd take a personal interest in this and would get back to me.

I haven't heard from him since.

Hazir, while I applaud your wanting to keep the email private, any correspondence sent from a company is sent with the knowledge that it may become publicly available. Will knows you might post that email, so he sent it with that in mind. If it bothers you, black out his email address, header info, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOgre
    Hazir, while I applaud your wanting to keep the email private, any correspondence sent from a company is sent with the knowledge that it may become publicly available. Will knows you might post that email, so he sent it with that in mind. If it bothers you, black out his email address, header info, etc.
    If Hazir doesn't feel it is right to share, that is the end of it.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Is it? Is it really? And here I thought people, when given additional information could make their own decision and quite possible *gasp* change their mind. How could I have been so stupid?
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOgre
    Is it? Is it really? And here I thought people, when given additional information could make their own decision and quite possible *gasp* change their mind. How could I have been so stupid?
    Oh I think it comes naturally to you
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus
    Oh I think it comes naturally to you
    Don't make me come down there young lady!!!

The fact that other people have got fewer scruples about this is not going to make me compromise on my principles. Probably you are right that the publication was taken as a risk, but I don't see how that makes a difference.
    Congratulations America