Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: is it possible to implement an "are you sure you're done?" feature?

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    I spend 8-10 hours a day here....
    Layabout
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I should write a letter to Starbucks and complain.
    But you probably won't. You'll be complacent and let it slide. You'll go back for yet another crappy cup of coffee. How many times have you gone back? And you wonder why they are still in business?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Layabout
    If only....

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    But you probably won't. You'll be complacent and let it slide. You'll go back for yet another crappy cup of coffee. How many times have you gone back? And you wonder why they are still in business?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

If only....
    Should've gotten a job you enjoyed
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Should've gotten a job you enjoyed
    So much for confidentiality.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

So much for confidentiality.
    It's a general comment

It's a general comment
    Perhaps. Dancing the line though.
    The Rules

Perhaps. Dancing the line though.
    You screwed it by showing your hand, really, no one would've thought anything else

You screwed it by showing your hand, really, no one would've thought anything else
    You showed the hand, I merely acknowledged the betrayal.
    The Rules

Ugh. No, I made a general comment, and you revealed its greater relevance. And fuck off with "betrayal", if you insist on being a dumb shit at least be amusing about it.

???

The remark seemed generic to me. Amusing too, but typical Nessieburn response to your complaining. Nothing that indicated any form of 'inside knowledge'.

Ugh. No, I made a general comment, and you revealed its greater relevance. And fuck off with "betrayal", if you insist on being a dumb shit at least be amusing about it.
    I'm only playing at melodrama. Geeze. If I was at all serious I'd PM you. Bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    ???

The remark seemed generic to me. Amusing too, but typical Nessieburn response to your complaining. Nothing that indicated any form of 'inside knowledge'.
    <sigh> I was just playing. Should have added a winky or something. Move along. Nothing to see here.
    The Rules

Oh. Sorry

Oh. Sorry
    You damn well should be. Dammit.
    The Rules

The dogs of war

The cats of conflict.
    The Rules

Great, now people are going to start posting lol-cats

The baboons of battle?
    The Rules

Why are you alliterating?

I like it a lot.

The monkeys of mayhem.
    The Rules

You just have a fetish for monkeys!

I do! I recall explaining that but I don't recall what thread it was.

The Fish of Firefights.

EDIT: Found it:

It comes from a story I heard about why monkeys don't make good pets. You put a monkey in a cage and all it has to do all day is think about how to get out, and because its smart and its got hands, it will always cause you mayhem. Now, when I was surpervising hourly employees I had way more people than work, which means they had a lot of time on their hands, which means they were bored and had to find ways to entertain themselves. They were very much like monkeys in a cage and they were always causing mayhem. That experience became a lesson on the nature of life. Its really a metaphor for civilization. We're all monkeys in a cage my friend and there's no way out, so the result is mayhem. Why do you think people, society, everything is so fucked up? Monkeys in a cage.
    (I love how I used mayhem here and above. That was unplanned but excellant, as are all the best things in life.)
    The Rules