Thread: Papa Ratzinger comes to town

Default Papa Ratzinger comes to town

So the Pope is in the UK at the moment. In this time he has:

Equated secularism with the Nazi's
    Equated Christian's in a secular society with the Jews under the Nazi's
    Spoken out against science

And come out with this wonderful quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pope
    There are those who would advocate that the voice of religion be silenced, or at least relegated to the purely private sphere.
    Yes. Yes there are.

Now please go away and if not be silenced altogether then go away and let those who want to deal with your obsolete, closed-minded, child-abusing (kiddy-fiddling), sexist, AIDs-inducing claptrap listen in private.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    So the Pope is in the UK at the moment. In this time he has:

Equated secularism with the Nazi's
    Equated Christian's in a secular society with the Jews under the Nazi's
    Spoken out against science

And come out with this wonderful quote:
    Yes. Yes there are.

Now please go away and if not be silenced altogether then go away and let those who want to deal with your obsolete, closed-minded, child-abusing (kiddy-fiddling), sexist, AIDs-inducing claptrap listen in private.

Thank you.
    I'm surprised nobody came up with the 'well he should know, he was a nazi himself' counter to his ridiculous statements.
    Congratulations America

Someone sent an excellent zinger to PM, which was to point out that if this weren't such a secular nation, he wouldn't have been allowed to set foot in the UK.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Spoken out against science.
    Idk, sounds bad when you say it like that...

Perhaps he was misconstrued? Idk Rand, it seems either your acct was hijacked or you stopped being cautiously moderate in a matter of seconds.

Moderate in what? I've always held strong opinions.

RT @markjorgy: really hoping this pope visit coverage im watching turns out to be the most elaborate ever episode of 'to catch a predator'
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Wasn't that Dawkins's idea?
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

RT @markjorgy: really hoping this pope visit coverage im watching turns out to be the most elaborate ever episode of 'to catch a predator'
    Now THAT is funny!

The whole pathetic reaction the church had to priests molesting children is sickening. If someone in my church were guilty of such a crime I would be the first one crying out for their public dismemberment. The fact the catholic church actively protected these sickos speaks volumes about their inner morality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    If someone in my church were guilty of such a crime I would be the first one crying out for their public dismemberment. The fact the catholic church actively protected these sickos speaks volumes about their inner morality.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    The whole pathetic reaction the church had to priests molesting children is sickening. If someone in my church were guilty of such a crime I would be the first one crying out for their public dismemberment. The fact the catholic church actively protected these sickos speaks volumes about their inner morality.
    Well said.

If someone in my company was doing something dodgy I'd find that far more disturbing than someone in a competitors. I'd want them out so fast, the way the Church covered it up and shifted paedophile priests from pasture to pasture just speaks so much about the inner workings of the Church. A sickening organisation.