Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where the crap

Default Re: Where the crap

Quote Originally Posted by Lor

Sounds it ......
    Read it monkey boy. It's linked in Illusions' last post.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

It would help if people just stopped posting there, I hate having to close stuff...

I kinda like seeing the place filled with locked threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught
    It would help if people just stopped posting there, I hate having to close stuff...
    One step ahead of you.

Any chance of getting my entire history deleted?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith
    I kinda like seeing the place filled with locked threads.
    I confess I like that too.
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan

I asked that too.
    No glory.

Looks like that's a no-go. They actually have a rule on that now -- the new Rule 12 over there pertains to account nukes.

Target: whole forum nuke

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith
    Target: whole forum nuke
    +1
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Looks like that's a no-go. They actually have a rule on that now -- the new Rule 12 over there pertains to account nukes.

Although, since clones aren't allowed either, if I say, created another account, I could say that new account is my Main account and request my "clone" to be deleted in compliance with the rules?..

I thought one of the new rules allowed for that, when asked for.
    Hmmm...

Yes, here it is:

18. We know that people will have to leave our community (of their own free will or otherwise) from time to time and to that end, we generally do not delete accounts, posts, or other content posted on our community. You hereby grant Atari and our designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers), assignable, royalty-free, fully paid-up, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), create derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display and license, digitally perform, make, have made, sell, offer for sale and import any and all of your postings in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you. None of your postings will be subject to any obligation, whether of confidentiality, attribution or otherwise, on our part and we will not be liable for any use or disclosure thereof. All of your postings are granted to us with perpetual electronic publishing rights because any content posted on this community becomes a part of the community, even if you no longer are. You may request an item to be removed at any time, but we will decide when and if to remove content from our community. If you wish to no longer be identified with our community, we will be glad to close your account and alter your profile information to remove all identifying characteristics. After account closure, you will no longer be able to participate in this community and this action is not reversible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    I requested that a while back what is also posted above here), but my account is still there. Any idea how long it is going to take? Phoxe PMed back he would do it, wasn't sure about a name change. I'd like to stress again I would like a name change to go with it, that is an identifying characteristic after all.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    One step ahead of you.

Phuxe told me no, nothing can be deleted or eliminated! GRRRRR
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    I requested that a while back what is also posted above here), but my account is still there. Any idea how long it is going to take? Phoxe PMed back he would do it, wasn't sure about a name change. I'd like to stress again I would like a name change to go with it, that is an identifying characteristic after all.
    I'm not sure, the mods there haven't heard back from Phoxe on a number of issues for almost a week now. EG as most still there have noticed, the warning system there is very broken. The new admins vanished as quickly as they appeared; they are logging-in but not responding.

I bet they thought it was going to be easy
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    If there's one thing life had taught me, nothing is easy. If it seems easy, its because you don't understand yet.

Anyway, I'd like it if no one bumped my threads anymore. When you get them locked, I can't delet my posts.
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    I bet they thought the pay was going to worth it...
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    I bet they thought the pay was going to worth it...
    I bet they don't really care. Maybe they're not coming around because the job's done. All controversy stifled. The trouble makers gone. The last user mod closing straggler stuff as directed. Problem solved.
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    If there's one thing life had taught me, nothing is easy. If it seems easy, its because you don't understand yet.
    I think a better truism (though perhaps this is field-related) is that everything easy has already been done
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    I think a better truism (though perhaps this is field-related) is that everything easy has already been done
    Phoxe is going to have to justify his continued employment somehow...
    . . .

Hypothetical scenario here:

If Phoxe left the building, which resulted in Atari doing a complete U turn on the ACC - Would anyone go back?

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post

If Phoxe left the building, which resulted in Atari doing a complete U turn on the ACC - Would anyone go back?
    No.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Nope.

So far, I haven't missed it.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Maybe. But it only appears easy in hindsight. Carving that first pointed stick to jam into the eye of the big dude keeping the harem was a bitch to figure out. Or so I've been told.

I'm telling you, his forum busting was one more fucking thing dumped on his plate. He did it as efficiently as possible and moved on. He'll probably put it on his PR as a stretch objective achieved.

Never. This place is much better.
    The Rules