Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Photograph" Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    Fungi are interesting things, not just to look at...

I remember being at a party many years ago where everyone was on magic mushrooms, it was a blast, but in particular I remember one guy sitting there on a stool saying over and over again "I'm a fungi, I'm a fun guy, I'm a fungi, I'm a fun guy." And laughing hysterically at his little joke...

...actually the whole damn party laughed at his little joke.

Your pics reminded me of that night.
    They're amazingly versatile - food, psychotropic, poison. And so hard to tell the difference. And they grow on dead things. I'll try and post some more after work.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    They're amazingly versatile - food, psychotropic, poison. And so hard to tell the difference. And they grow on dead things. I'll try and post some more after work.
    I'll see if I can find something nice for you. Give me a couple of weeks, though.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    I'll see if I can find something nice for you. Give me a couple of weeks, though.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Some more Michigan pics:

This is a look across Mosquito beach low to the surface to show the detail of the sandstone. In the background you can see the caves I took the next picture from.

This is looking out of a cave on Mosquito beach. There were a number of easily accessible caves. The kids had a blast exploring...

Some more Lake Superior coastal cliff pics:

The Rules

And now for the fungus. The organge ones really are pretty. And they tended to grow in clumps. Probably has something to do with spore size and shape affecting dispersal:

This is the only black one I saw the whole trip. Actually, this is the only black mushroom I've ever seen. I took a lot of pics of this guy but the camera didn't want to focus on it for some reason.

This one would make a good sandwhich:

Pink cap. Cute:

Dainty red:

I've seen these before. At first I thought they were some anemic flower, but no, they are a fungus. They look like white Asparagus now that I think of it:

Close up of tree Shelf fungus. Wavy, man.

A little mushroom forest growing on a long downed tree:

I barely got this picture because my camera was dying.... Very pretty though. I've never seen any fungus that color before:

This tree is actually dead and these fungus were huge. I have one of my wife posing next to it and its bigger than her head. She wouldn't appreciate me posting it here because she had camper hair:

Close up of the above to show the richly complex structure:

The Rules

Hong Kong

Re-done propaganda posters, Shanghai

Present and future, Shanghai

Poorly-done photo from a bar in Brooklyn

I like this photo of Waikiki, it's always pictured as a bright and sunny place to be in, and I've always wondered what it would look like if everything was dark and gloomy.

"Some" plant in the desert.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Such is Life...

Near "Lesueur Bay". Interesting backward spelling there. Nice photo.

Holy crap that's a lot of beautiful fungi! I'll need to visit you!

Very pretty with the blue hues, Bitter! What doesn't show in a photo are the hairy threads along the leaves. My ornamental grasses (pennisetum) are just now growing their autumn tassles. Rusty feathers blowing about in the breeze. They'll look really cool in the snow.

Autumn's come to Umeå... first it looked like this:

But things quickly got better...

... and then we picked mushrooms

(and there was even MORE to the right! I was in HEAVEN)
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Ahhh...a mushroom theme.

"Hold Onto Your Hats!"

Catbells, seen from across Derwent Water.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

You're all about massive, heavy structural architecture. Do they make you feel secure in some deep dark place? Or maybe you find those photos erotic after a fashion?
    The Rules

You're all about massive, heavy structural architecture. Do they make you feel secure in some deep dark place? Or maybe you find those photos erotic after a fashion?
    I am all about color, light, shape, line, pattern...and composition. I look at the shit people see everyday, and focus on the details. Security? Erotic? No.

Is this more your speed?

Or this:

A cat maybe?

The boat is erotic.

And your pussy shot is lovely.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Yep that cat pic is a beauty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    I am all about color, light, shape, line, pattern...and composition. I look at the shit people see everyday, and focus on the details. Security? Erotic? No.

Is this more your speed?
    No, I like the heavy structural pics.
    The Rules

No, I like the heavy structural pics.
    Do you find some sort of security from them, in a deep dark place? Do you find them erotic?

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    Do you find some sort of security from them, in a deep dark place? Do you find them erotic?
    As a matter of fact....
    The Rules

Ike does have a thing for shrooms too.
    Such is Life...

I got a miniature rose bush back in June as a congrats on having a baby gift. It was so close to death from neglect, but I was able to revive it:

Say what you will, this baby won me a $25 gift card and 1st place at the school's international photo contest:

I love the rose macro.
    The Rules

Such is Life...

Jeans and thongs? You Aussies really have to work on your sense of fashion!
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt