Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Photograph" Thread.

Default The "Photograph" Thread.

Post your Photos from your cell phone cams, point and shoots, or whatever...open for critique and discussion.

Stuff under a bridge. Kinda random, but the yellow light and silohuette caught my eye.

Click to view the full version

I don't think I ever showed you that one, Rettib.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Norton, I love that 4th one.
    Nice poppy, lolli!

Last edited by termite; 09-16-2010 at 01:08 PM.
    Such is Life...

Burano, a town north of Venice (Wikipedia has almost the same pic on it):
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Jeebus I wouldn't wanna wake up there with a killer hangover.
    Such is Life...

A homage to the mother of all mountains:

My first Mojito:

A few other random pics before i drank said Mojito and many others:

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    My first Mojito:

[img]http://i51.tinypic.com/9tidrt.jpg
    I'm a mojito fanatic. Doesn't look like they did a great job with that one.

How was it?

I like mojitos well enough, too - but they are totally girly drinks.

No they're not!
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Oh, I've devoted countless hours to making them manly.

I've also gotten help from the show Burn Notice. If you watch it, you may notice that the character Sam Axe says the word "mojito" every second episode. I think it started as a product placement from Bacardi but it worked and they integrated it into his character.

Hehe...

I just can't help thinking of mixed drinks as being girly.

Now I really want a mojito. Wonder if I could make them with Bacoardi lemon rum (I also have cherry, this has become my current guilty pleasure)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Oh, I've devoted countless hours to making them manly.
    Does it involve jizzing in them

Does it involve someone other than yourself jizzing in them

No one post photos of your jizz, ffs
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

You guys are nuts. Mojitos are not girly drinks. They're mostly straight cane sugar rum with some crushed mint leaves and added sugar, mixed in ice and served in a pitcher. The pitcher makes you think it's a girly drink, and the crushed ice makes you think it's like an iced tea, or a daiquiri....but oh no. It's more like a martini only sweeter. Instead of an olive there's some floaty mint leaves. Kicks your ass right nice, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    I'm a mojito fanatic. Doesn't look like they did a great job with that one.

How was it?
    They would be me who made it . It's the first one i ever made so it wasn't a delight to look at but it tasted so nice i had to make more.

The weather was really nice and warm so the drink went down even better.

FYI: http://www.10cane.com/

Best mojito ever. Go to cocktail cove.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    I just can't help thinking of mixed drinks as being girly.
    That's such an Anglo-Saxon thing. Meanwhile on continental-Europe man couldn't care less about drinking cocktails.
    Last edited by earthJoker; 09-17-2010 at 08:52 AM.

You're funny earth joker. If you drink anything besides beer or wine, you're probably drinking a cocktail. That could mean any mixture, even shots of tequila with a swipe of lime + salt, or a martini of gin + vermouth + olive, or just bourbon on the rocks)

You must be a young guy who's a novice on hard booze?

You didn't understand me. It's a anglo-saxon thing that mixed drinks are just for girls. In continental Europe such a cliche deasn't exist. Man just drink what they like.

Oh.

I wish my German was as good as your English.

I tried to tell my son goodnight, I love you pumpkin, from head to toe, and he said it was more like saying see you later, your underwear is my loving tomato.

"Your underwear is my loving tomato"!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

It was a totally phonetic attempt, I had no idea what I was saying. But he laughed and I got a hug out of it, so it was all good.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Oh.

I wish my German was as good as your English.
    Well my bad I wrote drink instead of thing. (thing should have referred to your whole post). Well I edited to fix my mistake.
    I tried to tell my son goodnight, I love you pumpkin, from head to toe, and he said it was more like saying see you later, your underwear is my loving tomato.
    LOL I wonder what it was you wanted to say.

Well as we say: "Deutsch Sprache, schwer Sprache" - That means "German language, heavy language", but in the wrong gender it should be "Deutsche Sprache, schwere Sprache".

Oh crap, I forgot your gender thing! Maybe I said I love you from my hosiery to your male tomatoes!

Like I said, it's a totally phonetic thing. With some humor. I might say something like "Doosten das buckenverk, shnell, beforsten da veenershnitzel!" That would mean do your homework now, before dinner.

German is much more fun to play with than a language like French. No clue how to fake Greek, none of what they say sounds familiar to my ear. Then I hear Chinese, Vietnamese or Koreans speak and it all sounds like aye ooh mmm wee ana mm guh show. Even more foreign.

Dasten dose nein deutche sonden flippentz?

Wraith est lonen garden vatcher. Hest been ein clocker und volker meins. Vees guten groupe sprecken zee bitte. Und lieber das verken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    They would be me who made it . It's the first one i ever made so it wasn't a delight to look at but it tasted so nice i had to make more.

The weather was really nice and warm so the drink went down even better.
    Oh dear.

Just from looking at the texture, I suspect you may have needed more mint, lime and maybe sugar/simple syrup. But I'm not the one who tasted it, so as long as you liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    FYI: http://www.10cane.com/

Best mojito ever. Go to cocktail cove.
    I ordered a mojito at a bar a few weeks ago. They normally make great ones. This was weak, tasted like apple juice for some reason. I brought it back and said it wasn't up to the usual standards of the bar. The bitchy bartender said that for an extra $3, she would make a "real" one with 10 Cane rum. I demurred; the regular mojito cost fracking $9 and it's always great, she should just make it the way it's always made. She refused to make one for $9, and said she would only make a "good" one for $14. Anyway, maybe I'm taking things out on 10 Cane. Reminds me, I need to write a letter to the manager of the bar.