Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATTENTION: Forum troubles

Default ATTENTION: Forum troubles

The domain for the site was accidentally lost, but Wraithy is trying to get it back

For further information as the situation develops contact #ataricc at irc.enterthegame.com (that's an IRC channel for you yokels)

theworldforgotten.net will soon point to the same place as the old .com address

dot net people
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    I had nothing to do with it. I vas in Austria!
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

Thanks again for posting this, Nessus.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Thanks again for posting this, Nessus.
    I dunno how much good it'll do, it's only now 8 in the morning in the UK etc., and I can no longer access the site from the dot com either, so the Euro posters probably won't get to see this anyway

I got sent to Go Daddy.

"Go Daddy"? Really?
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

DEE DE DEE DEE DEE DOOT

THIS IS A BULLETIN FROM OCCUPIED EUROPE

MORE REFUGEES ARE PILING ON THE SHORES

DEE DE DEE DEE DOOT DOOT DOOT

VISUAL CONFIRMATION OF ENEMY AIRCRAFT IN SEV *khhhhhhhzzzk* KEY LOCATIO DEE DE DOOT

IMMEDIATE EVACUATION IN PROGRESS, REPEAT, EVACUA *khhhhhhhzzzk* GRESS DOOT DE DEE DOO

REMAIN CALM AND VIGILANT

THIS HAS BEEN A TRANSMISSION FROM OCCUPIED TERRITORIES AT FOURTEEN ZULU

DEE DO DEE DEE DEET

Fuck sake Loki! You've broken it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    Fuck sake Loki! You've broken it!
    Yes, Icky should be spanked for this. It's all his fault.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Well it was to late for me, but thanks for the e-mail.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

P.S. That second post Nessus: Pure awesomeness.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Have we heard back from our squatter yet?
    . . .

I had a hell of a time logging into the .net address for some reason. It would give me the thanks for signing in page, then kick me back to the default page asking me to sign in.
    Only worked fully when I tried to sign in while viewing this thread.

Because it's a different domain with the same IP address, there are some caching issues which will clear themselves up with time. I've tried to do what I can to help speed that along.

Out of curiousity - I sent out a second e-mail about the move, mostly due to worries that the first was winding up in people's spam boxes. Did my attempt at ducking the spam filters work for anyone who got the first filed as spam?

for me, both ended up in my priority list in gmail.

Spam for me, but lucky for me I check my spam folder. Was a bit lost when I tried to get on here today from another computer and ended up staring at Danica Patrick's boobies.

Both emails passed my spam filter. Thanks for the mails
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Got into my spam but since I had cleaned that out only minutes before the second email arrived it stood out and I noticed that it might be something different than spam.
    Congratulations America

Separately, we have search ads for Google searches on "the world forgotten" instructing people to come here.

Please do not click on them. They are for people who are legitimately lost/confused. At least speaking for myself, when I first couldn't access the site I did a Google search for The World Forgotten to try to see if it had somehow gone so far away as to be de-indexed.

I want a google ad that blames me for something

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    I thought we were blaming Icky, anyway.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    I actually put your name in the rotation along with the others this morning. It's displayed about 10% of the time.

But don't search and hit refresh too many times either —*it could knock us out of the auction if there are lots of searches and no clicks.

I am guessing both e-mails ended up in my spam box. That's ok, I was looking for something else today and checked my spam box!

It's nice to know that GGT and I didn't do it, this time!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

I suppose it's time I activate my e-mail then, huh. Damn. I was rather enjoying it when people would call me (after sending me an e-mail) to ask if I liked their e-mail joke or pictures or whatever silly crap they sent, since I didn't send a reply, and I'd remind them that my e-mail is fucked up. I really don't like e-mail. Even filling out papers for my kid's HS contacts I said just call me on the phone if it's an emergency....and no, it's not a smart phone. But it's still dialing a number and leaving a message.

I found out about the .net change on MSN. I didn't miss much, did I?

Quote Originally Posted by agamemnus View Post
    Any updates?
    I.e. are those dang young kids/squatters still on our lawn?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

If the squatters want paying for what was already ours then I would have no problem saying to the squatters they can go **** themselves and stay at the new URL. Have we lost anyone?

Not seen Ziggy in a while.