Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So... what happens when you die?

Default Re: So... what happens when you die?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT

Real Human Death IS about the survivors.
    Only because the survivors just can't let go. It's selfish, really.

What? No, I've not PMed anyone about that ACC mess besides you.

You need Dread to tell you when it's time to stop the drama for drama's sake?

But if you think of this as some kind of game, and I'm the bad guy with self-righteous nonsense, then knock yourself out. After all, your boredom level matters most of all.
    You seem to take things entirely too seriously. It sucks that the CC got fucked up, but I actually think we're going to be better off here in the long run. What the hell purpose is there for posting on any forum besides entertainment, though?
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler

Only because the survivors just can't let go. It's selfish, really.
    I don't think of it as being selfish. Not in the sense of not being able to let go. I think it's important that children know their family history and have a sense of belonging. It helps us make our way through a complicated and confusing world; if we feel a sense of family and history.

Young people always hit that phase where they wonder whose eyes or complexion or hair they inherited, or if their talent for certain things can be traced to an ancestor. There's a natural instinct to want to link one's self to genes and/or upbringing and culture.

Family. Dead or Alive. It matters.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged

You seem to take things entirely too seriously. It sucks that the CC got fucked up, but I actually think we're going to be better off here in the long run. What the hell purpose is there for posting on any forum besides entertainment, though?
    Sure, I'm a serious person. Posting on any old forum for entertainment value was never my goal. I could ask you the same question in reverse---what the hell purpose did you have at ACC other than entertainment, and why weren't you satisfied with chat-spam or roller coaster games?

Sure, I'm a serious person. Posting on any old forum for entertainment value was never my goal. I could ask you the same question in reverse---what the hell purpose did you have at ACC other than entertainment, and why weren't you satisfied with chat-spam or roller coaster games?
    Because chat-spam and roller coaster games aren't what entertains me?

Because chat-spam and roller coaster games aren't what entertains me?
    And you're just here for the entertainment value?

Okay, so that means you won't be posting in anything but the Idle Chat sub-forum?

Real Human Death IS about the survivors. Up until that moment we take our last breath, we probably think of ourselves as among the Living. And living people do appreciate a hand to hold, or some other warmth of living, even as we are dying. Whether it's a cat or dog laying with us in our death bed, a nurse or caregiver, or other people trapped in a collapsed building along with us.....most of us would say we don't want to die alone.
    Well, I didn't make the thread so I can't say for sure, but it seems to me Ogre/Lillo intended the question to refer to what happens to the dying person when they die. Maybe you should start a "What happens to your surviving friends and family When You Die" thread.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

And you're just here for the entertainment value?

Okay, so that means you won't be posting in anything but the Idle Chat sub-forum?
    Of course I'm here for entertainment value. I'd imagine everyone else is as well.

And since apparently you didn't understand before, I get a hell of a lot more entertainment out of a good argument with someone who knows what the hell they are talking about than I do out of a "wut's yer fav color" thread. But there is more than one way to be amused.

Meanwhile, I have my ban, I am happy.

Hey Chacha - I'm Loki/Lolli, not Ogre/Lillo. Get it straight, will you?

Well, you're all fond of cats of a sort.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Of course I'm here for entertainment value. I'd imagine everyone else is as well.

And since apparently you didn't understand before, I get a hell of a lot more entertainment out of a good argument with someone who knows what the hell they are talking about than I do out of a "wut's yer fav color" thread. But there is more than one way to be amused.

Good for you? You're happy with a ban from a retarded dying forum, but you can't/won't/don't engage in discussion about anything more serious than your on-line image and persona in our new forum. Got it.

Good for you? You're happy with a ban from a retarded dying forum, but you can't/won't/don't engage in discussion about anything more serious than your on-line image and persona in our new forum. Got it.
    What the fuck, geegee? I actually have.

Are you two done with your little reach around?

You have actually done What?

I'm not seeing any serious posts you've made here. Feel free to give me a link.

Don't misconstrue tho, this forum is great for whatever we want. If you want to be here just for laughs and giggles, or sexual innuendo, then go for it.

Just don't expect to be taken seriously in a serious thread.

Apparently, not.

Apparently, not.
    Just for you, sunshine, I am.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan
    They're bending over backwards to show they are so atheist the idea of what happens to your mind just never occurred to them. Kids.
    Trollin' like it's 2006
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

if a person strongly believes in God and lives life by the Bible, then the person is going to Heaven.

Probably. I'll just continue to post my opinions, even when it's not the popular thing to do.

While I'd like to be considered a like-able and relatively intelligent person, I may buck the clique's set standards by challenging Lolli.

You mamby pamby boys seem incapable of calling any woman out to defend her point of view.

Frankly, Lolli and I get along just fine, just don't call us Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBullet
    if a person strongly believes in God and lives life by the Bible, then the person is going to Heaven.
    Unless there is no God, or the equal possibility, in regards to the Christian Afterlife, of any of a few thousand proposed mystical afterlives...
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBullet

Even if they commit SUICIDE?

...by the Bible, eh. Which parts exactly?

Even if they commit SUICIDE?

...by the Bible, eh. Which parts exactly?
    I, merely do not know, as I seem to not quite grasp the preachery of the Bible.

Probably. I'll just continue to post my opinions, even when it's not the popular thing to do.

While I'd like to be considered a like-able and relatively intelligent person, I may buck the clique's set standards by challenging Lolli.

You mamby pamby boys seem incapable of calling any woman out to defend her point of view.

Frankly, Lolli and I get along just fine, just don't call us Shirley.
    I'm Shirley.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    You have actually done What?

I'm not seeing any serious posts you've made here. Feel free to give me a link.

Don't misconstrue tho, this forum is great for whatever we want. If you want to be here just for laughs and giggles, or sexual innuendo, then go for it.

Just don't expect to be taken seriously in a serious thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    Apparently, not.
    Just for you, sunshine, I am.
    #1. YAY for MULTI-QUOTE!

#2. It ain't over 'til its OVER bitches!
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Trollin' like it's 2006
    I'm pretty sure I wasn't around in '06. I'm also pretty sure I can't remember if I was. Also, its not trolling, its an observation of behavior and I think its accurate. Monkey Man.

Whoa, the new emoticons SUCK.

Wait... no, its just there's no pick list.
    Last edited by EyeKhan; 01-23-2010 at 03:38 PM.
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBullet View Post
    Uh, unless there's no god and the whole bible thing is bullshit. What about then? HUH? WHAT ABOUT IT?!?!?!
    The Rules

you looking at me? You saying that I did something wrong? Not very nice, I admit, but not at all as bad as I could've been. Yes I forgot Dread was still a moderator. Yes I received a WL from him. Yes I apologized and promised no more nuisance thread bumps. Messing with Timmy's so-called 'groove' was my intent. Childish, sure. Fun, not as much as I hoped. Wrong, nope.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    I'm a Christian, so I believe in Heaven and Hell.

no need for a long post woo
    I enjoy blank walls.

test for nessie

test for nessie
    You are a whore
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    You are a whore
    Gee, I've never heard that before.