Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Property Ownership (and Taxation)

Fuzzy wins again!

Makes me wonder if Lewk has ignored all the articles exposing corporate and bank accounting "tricks" these last few years. Mark-to-market, liabilities put off-sheet to look like assets, loss declarations pushed forward to another tax year, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    It's a psychology thing. He has to make his payments, so anyone who doesn't make their payments should have to lose their homes instantly. Otherwise the world isn't being fair to him.
    There's a great deal of resentment for other people, complete strangers no less, buried there. Ugly, really.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    There's a great deal of resentment for other people, complete strangers no less, buried there. Ugly, really.
    A great deal? I'd have to say its about on par with his characterization of rapists, murderers, and thieves. The only thing he's not doing is calling for them to be put to death. Its also showing a gross lack of empathy, in that he immediately attributes malice towards the home owners. They've obviously purposefully entered into the mortgage agreement in bad faith, and stopped paying their mortgage because they want to pull one over on the bank. It couldn't possibly be that they entered into the mortgage on good faith, paid it each month as they expected to, and then some massive unexpected event occurred causing them to be unable to pay. They're also probably going to court to try and keep their homes, because like Lewk said they're worthless sacks of crap, and not because they, like all people, have some intrinsic desire to keep their family or loved ones from ending up homeless. Nope, definitely worthless sacks of crap who were in it to screw the banks over from the beginning...

. . .

Reward-punishment apparatus!
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Reward-punishment apparatus!
    He pretty much acts as your ideal model for this behavior.

I'd also like to think its partly my fairness idea that I outlined too...
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Fuzzy wins again!

Makes me wonder if Lewk has ignored all the articles exposing corporate and bank accounting "tricks" these last few years. Mark-to-market, liabilities put off-sheet to look like assets, loss declarations pushed forward to another tax year, etc.
    Give me one example of where a mortgage was "sold" but still kept on the books as an asset. If that occurs its fraud. And even if it is fraud that doesn't excuse the home owner from paying their mortgage. That would be akin to a repair shop cheating on their taxes and then you saying all their customers don't have to pay for repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Give me one example of where a mortgage was "sold" but still kept on the books as an asset. If that occurs its fraud. And even if it is fraud that doesn't excuse the home owner from paying their mortgage. That would be akin to a repair shop cheating on their taxes and then you saying all their customers don't have to pay for repairs.
    We have a whole other thread devoted exactly to things like this, why are you avoiding it? Its not like you could miss it, its blatantly labeled Foreclosuregate...
    . . .

Try Repo 105, ala Lehman, Lewk.