Page 101 of 138 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 4139

Thread: The pictures thread

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Now if I could only make the files on my floppy disks compatible with my current system...

Write a script yourself! what kind of files are it?

I think WordPerfect 5.1. First I'd have to get a floppy drive. I actually don't think it's impossible, just too lazy to go through all the disks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    I think WordPerfect 5.1. First I'd have to get a floppy drive. I actually don't think it's impossible, just too lazy to go through all the disks.
    I think you can just open those with Microsoft Word (might be some issues I suppose).
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

ICE BURN
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

On the topic of iOS 6

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57...-clock-design/
    It wouldn't be funny of it wasn't Apple

I even got one of those hanging in my living room:
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

I like how the name of the watches sounds like "mundane" in English.

I can't seem to find a version that has manual mechanical movement. Too bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    I like how the name of the watches sounds like "mundane" in English.
    It has the same root (mundus = world) but the best English translations are probably "chick" or "sophisticated", "glamorous"

I can't seem to find a version that has manual mechanical movement. Too bad...
    I heard there was once a special edition with the second hand stopping at 12 and the minutes hand jumping like the original one:

There is no mechanical driven movement in the original station clock, just a motor for the second and the minutes and hours get a electrical signal from the central clock of the station.

Surely you meant chic, not chick We have the same clocks on our stations.

Yes. Chic.

Many countries adapted similar clocks after the SBB introduced this style back in the 40s.

http://www.3quarks.com/en/StationClock/index.html

Cool page about the station clock history
    Last edited by earthJoker; 09-22-2012 at 12:51 PM.

I like that someone videotaped that. Random question: does that mean the second hand is slightly faster than a true second? Wouldn't it have to be in order to take a moment to stop and wait for the minute hand to advance?

Yes it is about 2 seconds faster per minute. Not all second hands have the same speed but they are all slightly faster than they should be. And at the end of the minute they all got synchronized again.

I assume because you can correct being ahead by waiting, but not being behind?

Yep

In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Looks like Duplo to me. Or she has really small hands.

Motherfucker doesn't even know the difference between Lego and Duplo. He's obviously unfit for office.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    Looks like Duplo to me. Or she has really small hands.
    duplo is a product range of lego. Technically, they are called lego duplo bricks. "legos" is not correct, even if he was using the smaller bricks.

Since when do we expect Britons to care about the sensibilities of Scandinavians?
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    duplo is a product range of lego.
    I know that, I still don't think people would say Fiat to a Ferrari.

For Ness

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    I know that, I still don't think people would say Fiat to a Ferrari.
    The lego duplo relationship is not the same as controlling interests. Duplo was, has, and likely always will be a product line of lego, no different than the Harry Potter or Lord of the Ring sets. Its not incorrect to call a duplo brick a lego brick, just like its not incorrect to consider a new mini a BMW, but thats not the same as calling a Porsche a VW.

Wow, you guys WILL fight over penis size.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    Wow, you guys WILL fight over penis size.
    They don't get out much.