Page 30 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: The pictures thread

In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

As it turnsout, that holyshit sinkhole isn't a sinkhole, its a piping feature. Appears the place is built on ash that hasn't turned into rock yet, mix that with water and you have an entire population thats waiting to get fucked over.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 06-04-2010 at 09:30 PM.

New page = gifdump

In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

It's only a new page depending on your viewing preferences.

Get Smart was an awful movie. The Rock could easily be considered a rather good actor if he stopped taking shit roles.

WWI

Random cat

Cute kitty!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    It's only a new page depending on your viewing preferences.
    In other news, scientists discover new property of water, dub it "wet"

My Dad was there! He might even be in that pic, but who can tell from the back!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

My grandfather landed on sword beach - apparently they had it a little easier than the poor bastards on Omaha. Although that soon changed when they got beyond the initial beach head.

Such is Life...

BIG:

I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Ziggy, you're the best.

Edit: the campFire looks nice.
    Last edited by EyeKhan; 06-09-2010 at 11:54 AM.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Wow Bitter - that last one reminds me of something you might have made in your glass blowing days.
    Such is Life...

That last one ain't a photo.

Or if it is it has been severely bastardised in post-production to make it look like a painting or inkwork.

Somehow has a 1930's feel to it, despite the modern cars. I like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    That last one ain't a photo.

Or if it is it has been severely bastardised in post-production to make it look like a painting or inkwork.

Somehow has a 1930's feel to it, despite the modern cars. I like.
    Some sort of filter/lens methinks.
    Such is Life...

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    Some sort of filter/lens methinks.
    HDR would be my guess.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Yup, a fair amount of post processing in Photoshop.
    No HDR though, I haven't had much success with HDR. I often shoot bracketed for it, but never get results that I like. *shrugs*

I am having so much fun with my camera. I really like editing the images. I see clicking the shuttter as just the begining of the process.
    Thanks for the comments. The hardest thing about this hobby is getting people to see your work and get feedback.
    So, thanks!

These were taken from the Terminal Tower again. I got lucky and got in a second time. I literally just found out I am getting in on the third trip, too!

Sweet!

BIIIIIIG:
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Now that's just odd.

Who's the dude?
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Martin Liebscher (he also missed a chick on the far side of the image)

Its the newest meme (but an old trick) after some reddit member had the bright idea to post this trainwreck thread
    Another Example:

Better Example:

Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 06-09-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Woooo that's wossname off heroes.

Bitter, those are amazing pics. I love the last one the most though cause it makes me wanna go play gta4

Some day-to-day phone camera pictures from the past few weeks:

The Museum my last library was in had a chess board like that. Pieces didn't last long before they all got replaced with frisbee sized checkers.

Hope is the denial of reality

Last edited by EmperorNorton; 06-10-2010 at 07:43 AM.

Which is what I am

I aim at the stars