Page 5 of 138 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The pictures thread

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Looks like a setting from Avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Point View Post
    I was just thinking that.
    Surprise, it's part of the mountain chain in China that inspired Cameron. In fact, the park renamed that particular peak Avatar Hallelujah Mountain. One thing that bothered me about Avatar's floating mountains, though: where does the water for the waterfalls come from?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...-Mountain.html
    Your search had no results.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattu View Post
    Surprise, it's part of the mountain chain in China that inspired Cameron. In fact, the park renamed that particular peak Avatar Hallelujah Mountain. One thing that bothered me about Avatar's floating mountains, though: where does the water for the waterfalls come from?
    Rain. Mountain streams and their falls in actual reality typically come from snow melt or rainfall.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

I know that applies to actual mountains, but the ones in Avatar are not large enough to accumulate that much rainwater to provide such a consistent stream, and none of them seemed to have snow caps. (picture)

Not that it matters. It's a great piece of fiction.
    Your search had no results.

Trying to get a new pic to post for everyone! I can now post snow pics, or grandkid pics, but nothing of Munchie...even tho all you have seen 1 of me!
    (That's when I broke the internet!)
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dattu View Post
    I know that applies to actual mountains, but the ones in Avatar are not large enough to accumulate that much rainwater to provide such a consistent stream, and none of them seemed to have snow caps. (picture)

Not that it matters. It's a great piece of fiction.
    Simple: #1. They were bigger than you remember. and #2. It rains a lot more there.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Picture of our big snow storm. See the drifts how strange they look, snow and ice hanging from the eaves, about 3 feet in places.

[imag in ation]....I don't have a camera)

The Rules

NSFW
    Spoiler:
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Public health adverstising I assume? Cute.
    The Rules

--
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

No pick.
    The Rules

You're right, you did not post any. In fact ... have you ever posted any in a picture thread?

You're in it for the postcount aren't you?
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    You're right, you did not post any. In fact ... have you ever posted any in a picture thread?

You're in it for the postcount aren't you?
    Ahem. Look at post #102. And I just love how you don't look at other people's pic posts then complain they're not pic posting.
    The Rules

Well paste my puddings and call me Louise, so you did post pictures in a post.

An observation is not a complaint. And you are in it for the postcount no?

Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

That is a cool pic. I may post some more tonight if I get time. Be careful of that for which you wish.
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    That is a cool pic. I may post some more tonight if I get time. Be careful of that for which you wish.
    I'm already enthusiastic in my signature childlike gullible .... idiom!

Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Always liked the significance of this one more
    Click to view the full version

And we need a "no pic?, no post!" rule. EyeKhan is getting rather annoying, even more so than in the other threads.

I disagree with that rule. Should be open to comments on pictures without having to hunt for a picture to make one. It would simply mean posting the first image that comes up on a google-search and would lower the quality (yeah, I said quality!). I would however like discussions like the ones that happened in the other picture thread to be moved to threads of their own.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

I think a game of I'm feeling Lucky! could be entertaining

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar

Not a model, I just messed around with a internet found image using this: http://tiltshiftmaker.com/
    I enjoy blank walls.

You know the tilt-shift illusion is totally ruined once you put the sky in there. Tilt-shift photos need to be taken from the top down.

Guuuuuuh. My favourite aircraft of all time, the B1 Lancer.

Have seen them fly 4 times at air tattoos at Fairford in Wilts. Awesomeawesomeawesome craft.

The noise man THE NOISE!

Guuuuuh.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

--
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

The B2 looks much cooler.

EDIT: Just LOVE the aliens!
    Last edited by EyeKhan; 02-10-2010 at 03:03 PM.
    The Rules

Default A Dog With Idle Time

Sooner or later, they all make a mistake.

The Rules

With difficulty. They're ALL beautiful.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

--
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

20 years since PhotoShop was released. Here for you, my fine friends, is a collection of Photoshopping disasters, blatant exaggerations, morphing realities and outright chopping over the years ...

Turkish Airlines - the future ...

PhotoShop ... boosting Silvio Berlusconi's popularity since 1990 ...

Enhance that there background! Enhance them there boobies! Keira Knightley gets the treatment.

We only got white folk here! Yes siree ...

Furniture catalogue goes cubist.

Lynx love on a car bonnet. But only 1 set of footprints ?

Movie otherwise known as 'Attack of the One-Legged People'

Breaking News! The beautiful Emma Watson has right leg amputated!

From the 'We Really Really Want to Make Sure You Can See Those Stockings' stockings catalogue ..

More uni-leggers

Casting opportunity - only men with huge right hands to apply please

Mutant child

No detail overlooked? Sure? The reflection?

Shrink to fit.

English version ...

Polish version ...

Tut ...

Nipple-less 3 fingered baby eats lettuce!

Default Took thes over New Jersey

Took these over New Jersey right before landing for a layover. There were thunderstorms moving through and were circling....

The Rules

Wow nice!