Page 84 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 4139

Thread: The pictures thread

Some of the Oscar nominees

Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

This is a very enlightening exercise. It makes the deficit problem much more real in two very different ways: on the one hand, by pointing out the magnitude and the [likely] unsustainability of the present situation; on the other hand, by making us wonder which of our family members we should shaft and in what ways.

What's the single most common cause of personal bankrupcy in the US these days?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Like pretty much any graphic dealing with this situation, it gets plenty of things wrong. First off, government debt is hardly comparable to credit card debt; more like mortgage debt, but even lower interest. So a family with a $150k mortgage is hardly that crazy.

Furthermore, it assumes that current deficits are anything like the long-run average, which they are not. Cyclical adjustments are far larger in gov't budgets than in family budgets, with good reason.

That being said, obviously to crow about a few billion in savings here or there isn't a good idea, though actual economies are worthwhile regardless of the magnitude.

Agreed on all counts

IS THIS TRUE??!

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

This is a very enlightening exercise. It makes the deficit problem much more real in two very different ways: on the one hand, by pointing out the magnitude and the [likely] unsustainability of the present situation; on the other hand, by making us wonder which of our family members we should shaft and in what ways.

What's the single most common cause of personal bankrupcy in the US these days?
    As much as I loathe the fallacy of "country as a household",

NOTE: This image is just for the LOLs, which is the intention of this thread
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    NOTE: This image is just for the LOLs, which is the intention of this thread
    Which is good, since it's simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Which is good, since it's simply wrong.
    I wonder if that could be, oh, clever meta-commentary? Nooooooo

Nooooooooo

Pictures can't be funny

Pictures are political

There is right, and there is wrong

Why do you hate fun, Wraith

In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I'm just tired of seeing BS propaganda posted under the guise of 'fun'.

Why the hell do so many people find their own side's propaganda 'funny' anyways? Even assuming the posters didn't realize how disingenuous and/or completely false some of the stuff that gets posted is, how is it funny? Is it just "look, somebody on the internet hates the same people I hate, lolololol!"?

Look you're not playing this towards my angle at all, so I hereby conclude you just hate fun. I hope you're happy! Now post some pictures

how many do you recognize?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

FUCK

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    nice taste
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

kinda freaky that one

I still don't understand the head-shaking, I see it without shaking my head and don't see any difference when I do

I could only see the lines when I first saw it. I can see it without shaking my head now. Monitors might have something to do with it; I see it much easier at home than I do here at work.

Click to view the full version

Our uni's trying some innovative motivation-boosting techniques

... ♫ I a♩ways ♪eee♩ ♩ike... somebody's watching meeeee ♫ ...

Its been 5 god damn years already. Whoa.

I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

I'm taking the above cheat sheet to my next meeting.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

My supervisiors say I have annoying talent for vocally translating stuff like that during meetings. I've frustrated my immediate super so bad that she doesn't even try anymore.

Its refreshing.

Italians excel at this.
    Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?