Page 86 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 4139

Thread: The pictures thread

Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Nessus' second one is an image from Bioshock: Infinite, where-as the other two seem like honest opinions from the artist...which is a tad bit disturbing...
    . . .

I think you mean they are small, perfect, glittering facets of something glorious
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    What is she doing sitting on that bald man's shoulders?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Click to view the full version
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

"Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

damn you EJ I was supposed to get work done today and instead I've spent several hours catching up on SMBC
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Nessus' second one is an image from Bioshock: Infinite, where-as the other two seem like honest opinions from the artist...which is a tad bit disturbing...
    What's disturbing about it again?

"childish" and "pathetic" would be better words, yeah.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Why is Obama stepping on the constitutional rights of a young depressed Robert Redford??

not mine, but aww

I snapped this with my phone while stopped at the traffic lights this afternoon - what at first appears to be the Christian Shark is apparently Darwin's Galapagos Turtle...

Never seen one before...
    Such is Life...

I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    I snapped this with my phone while stopped at the traffic lights this afternoon - what at first appears to be the Christian Shark is apparently Darwin's Galapagos Turtle...

Never seen one before...
    Seen plenty of those around and online. It appears though that someone had tried to pry it off and broke part of the tail.

Scaled up a reaction last week, and had to work it up today. It involved pouring a tad more than a liter of concentrated sulfuric acid solution into 7 l of ice water. We don't have any glassware of such volume at our lab, and I didn't feel like splitting it up in smaller batches, so I found an alternative.

I hope I washed the bucket thoroughly enough afterwards - the stuff I made smells somewhat terrible, and the bucket is usually used for floor cleaning in the lab...
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

WANT

Quote Originally Posted by BalticSailor View Post
    the lab...
    Do you all get together once a year or something and decide upon stylistic choices for how a lab should look? Because they are look remarkably the same, save only for more expensive equipment/furniture showing up in labs that are either newer/recently refurbished/really well funded.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post

not mine, but aww
    Fixed

Such is Life...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Do you all get together once a year or something and decide upon stylistic choices for how a lab should look?
    What's that?

Hope that answers your question.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Last edited by Flixy; 02-15-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    You are evil

Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

My cousin has asked if it took it to far? I think not. 'Uni Dorm Chicken Thief' beware ....

Just put some laxative in the chicken and see what happens
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Just put some laxative in the chicken and see what happens
    How does that old joke go? A farmer kept having his melons stolen at night, he put up a sign saying "one of the melons is poisoned". The next morning there was another sign "now two melons are poisoned".
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

@ Lor: Have you seen Passive Aggressive notes? There have been a few notes featured on the site with that quote:

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/