Page 88 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 4139

Thread: The pictures thread

In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Ouch
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Water Scales = American units to the rescue.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Yeah, "simple conversion" my ass. 1 liter = 1 kg. That is easy.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Yeah, "simple conversion" my ass. 1 liter = 1 kg. That is easy.
    Much less useful when you want to measure out an ounce of weed, or measure in pounds for any other reason.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Such as?

Cocaine, magic mushrooms, british currency, meth, etc.

The largest civil engineering project in Europe gets underway; London Crossrail, at a cost of £16bn (US$25bn), which is a tunnel crossing London East to West, and links the two financial centres; The City and The Docklands.

Eight enormous Tunnel Boring Machines have been bought from German manufacturer Herrenknecht, who will buy them back after completion.

At a cost of £10m each, and weighing nearly 1,000 tonnes, they are impressive pieces of kit.

Boring is expected to progress at a rate of around 100m per week, and will have to navigate existing sewers and road and Underground tunnels.

TBMs are awesome. I've always loved 'em.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    I wonder how often they have to replace the borehead.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Cocaine, magic mushrooms, british currency, meth, etc.
    With exception of the British currency I don't need ounces or pounds for any of those, grams do the trick quite well.
    How many liters convert to 1£ anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    The largest civil engineering project in Europe gets underway; London Crossrail, at a cost of £16bn (US$25bn), which is a tunnel crossing London East to West, and links the two financial centres; The City and The Docklands.
    Just wait till the £ drops a little bit more and we get that record back

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    I wonder how often they have to replace the borehead.
    I don't believe they do. I remember watching a discovery show where they replaced one of those white disk like things on a similar machine. I believe those do the bulk of the cutting/digging, and when one wears down they replace it.
    . . .

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Ah, Yosemite.. good memories. At least for me, not so much for my brother.

Teaching aid in hypermodern medical education

Revolutionary treatment protocols being developed at my uni for the treatment of depression, exhaustion, pain, nicotine abstinence etc. Patent pending

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/524804_10150879928223916_509003915_12810916_177016 5435_n.jpg

Teaching aid in hypermodern medical education

http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/...20253647_n.jpg

Revolutionary treatment protocols being developed at my uni for the treatment of depression, exhaustion, pain, nicotine abstinence etc. Patent pending
    Sex toys?

Are you sure that's not photoshopped?

No idea.

Saw it, copied it, linked it.

Yep, was shoppert.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

More realistic versions of Disney females behind the link; pretty cool stuff.