Page 91 of 138 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 4139

Thread: The pictures thread

exgirlfriends car, the WTF that is the Suzuki X-90, will be entering tomorrow's LeMons race.
    I'm impressed.

Click to view the full version
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

That's lovely. What does it say? (I'm assuming it's to do with the Shoah)
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Today is Israel's Holocaust Memorial Day, aka Yom Hashoah. The pic was the winner of a contest by Yad Vashem (Israel's Holocaust Memorial in Jerusalem) as the poster for this year's remembrance. The title reads "Day of Remembrance for the Holocaust and Heroism, 5772".

I also enjoyed this somewhat more snarky finalist:

Spotted in a pleasant square in South Paris ...

The Happy Negro.

While we're going down that route, here's a bar in Spain:

"Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Click to view the full version
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Easy question for me, I have my carnivore/vegetarian rule (at least for mammals). Also I am quite sure that my cat is quite ok with eating animals

Their rules are easy, though. Smaller than them = food. Bigger than them = slave.

Ditto for 2 year olds

likely a repost

40 years ago, Burt Reynolds appeared nude in a Cosmopolitan magazine centrefold ...

Hairy dude.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Kinda looks like you
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I've figured out 4 of em so far.

Use spoilers if u see any.

EDIT: 5 now

EDIT: 6

Six very easily, but of the remaining two one seems only vaguely familiar while the other isn't ringing any bells at all

EDIT: Ah, 7. The last one is hopeless. Must be before my time

I have all
    Spoiler:

Simpsons, Turtles,
    Southpark, Smurfs
    Asterix & Obelix, Ernie & Bernt
    Donald Duck and the little ones, Lucky Lucke and the Daltons

Only missed one, and reading earthjokers spoiler i feel silly for not getting the fourth one

Going left to right, I've never seen 5 or 8, but I knew all the rest. Even though 6 is missing a yellow brick.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Going left to right, I've never seen 5 or 8, but I knew all the rest. Even though 6 is missing a yellow brick.
    Well, those are rather classic comics from France.

I grew up with those - as well as with Spirou & Fantasio (or their offspin Gaston). Nr. 5 is very famous over here - several animated movies and two movies with real actors (and quite a big budget).
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    8, ok, but 5? You really missed something in your childhood.

Found this on facebook. I frickin' HATE numbers, they make my head hurt but still :'(