Page 132 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 4139

Thread: The pictures thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

http://imgur.com/a/PZXsZ

EDIT: Ugh image posting hard. Anyway "I'm a Muslim, it's not what the media portrays me to be."

Wait for it... wait for it...

Runs over people in car and then jumps out and starts stabbing people. Wow, considering how the media has constantly been rehashing the 'Islam is the religion of peace' and things like that, maybe this guy was trying to tell us something. "No, seriously, we really like killing people and jihad."

Click to view the full version

This is what happens when you're allergic to amoxicillin. My poor girl
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Egads! poor thing.

Amoxicillin is a commonly prescribed antibiotic. Wonder if it contains an antibacterial agent common to many antibiotics that she's allergic to ... ?

This is my second-favourite cake in the whole world:

Messed up the ganache and I'd prefer the joconde to be a little thicker but the flavours and textures are def. better than any opera cake we've ever had. This is as satisfying as it is ominous.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Though only mentioned in Tolkien's notes, the Nazgul were often accompanied by their dog, Reggie.

That's awesome picture.

Squad goals!

Waves in Saturn's rings caused by 5-mile diameter moon Daphnis orbiting inside Kepler gap

Poor God, facebook took away his verified status after the Trump supporters reported him in mass when he starting spreading the news that the quebec shooter was a white trump supporter.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Referring to his original cover artist Josh Kirby, who died in 2001, Terry Pratchett said, "I only invented the Discworld, Josh created it". Below are a selection of illustrations by Kirby and by his successor as visualizer of Pratchett's fantastical worlds, Paul Kidby.

Discworld I | Cover illustration by Josh Kirby

Carpet People | Cover illustration by Josh Kirby

The New Discworld Companion / The Librarian | Cover illustration by Paul Kidby

Night Watch | Paul Kidby's first Discworld cover, 2002

The Discworld Massif | Illustration by Paul Kidby

Masquerade | Illustration by Josh Kirby

Great A Tuin II | Illustration by Paul Kidby

Lancre Gothic | Illustration by Paul Kidby

The Truth| Illustration by Josh Kirby

Wyrd Sisters | Illustration by Paul Kidby

~

I've often wondered why Pratchett replaced Josh Kirby with Paul Kidby. I hadn't realised Kirby died.

Acid is one hell of a drug, man.

Having difficulties posting pic but that may be a good thing because the pic is hella creepy:

http://www.businessinsider.com/emoji...r=US&IR=T&IR=T

Photos taken by pilot and photographer Santiago Borja over South America

A new Banksy has appeared in Dover, a town which voted overwhelmingly for Leave.

Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Meanwhile, in Canada ...

story is equally ridiculous

THREE HILLS, Alta. — A photo of a man in Alberta mowing a lawn with a tornado swirling behind him has been causing a storm on social media.

Cecilia Wessels snapped the picture of her husband, Theunis, on Friday evening as the twister passed near their home in Three Hills.

She said cutting the grass was on her husband's to-do list, and as he started the task, she went for a nap.

Wessels said she was woken by her nine-year-old daughter who was upset that there was something like a tornado in the sky, but her father wouldn't come inside.

Theunis Wessels said the tornado was actually much further away than it appears in the photo, and that it was moving away from them.

There have been no reports of injuries from the tornado, although some other photos show downed trees and a barn with its roof ripped off.

"I literally took the picture to show my mum and dad in South Africa, 'Look there's a tornado,' and now everyone is like, 'Why is your husband mowing the lawn?’” Cecilia Wessels said Saturday.

"Our whole street, everyone was on their back patios taking pictures," she said.

Theunis Wessels said he was keeping watch of his surroundings and saw the twister form as the swirling connected from the sky and the ground to form the funnel.

Both said tornadoes are not common in South Africa, but Theunis said he watched a TV program about storm chasers, so he's familiar with them.

The tornado moved away to the east, he said.

"It looks much closer if you look in the photo, but it was really far away. Well, not really far, far away, but it was far away from us," he said.

"I was keeping an eye on it."

it's a crazy photo