Page 135 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,050 of 4139

Thread: The pictures thread

No darkness ... Just twilight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Pretty much! Brought back memories of uni days when we'd go for long walks at absurd hours with no-one else out and about, the town, campus, hospital and student neighbourhoods eerily quiet save for occasional birdsong, seemingly abandoned.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Thousands of protesters have called for a giant helium balloon shaped like Donald Trump as a baby to be flown over the capital during the President's visit to the UK.

The six metre tall balloon has been crowdfunded by members of the public and is expected to be a focal point during protests against the trip.

Mr Trump will make a three-day visit to the UK that will begin on July 13.

Around 53,000 people are planning to attend the official protest against Mr Trump's visit to the UK.

Among them will be the organisers behind the giant inflatable balloon Trump Baby.

Almost £8,000 has been raised to fly the balloon over the protests in Parliament Square.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Pretty much! Brought back memories of uni days when we'd go for long walks at absurd hours with no-one else out and about, the town, campus, hospital and student neighbourhoods eerily quiet save for occasional birdsong, seemingly abandoned.
    This makes me think of a 28 Days Later; walking around empty streets during the "day".

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    No darkness ... Just twilight?
    Maybe in the Land of Singles.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Sorry guys. In the Land of Singles, there is night but no twilight.

Half a mile of people showed up to my local Build A Bear for Pay Your Age Day.

Click to view the full version

Store opened an hour ago, I'm still in line. I got here at 8am. It's currently 10.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 07-12-2018 at 07:31 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Build A Bear for Pay Your Age Day.

https://www.buildabear.com/stuffed-animals

Build a Bear is a store/company that allows you to design, build and stuff your own personalized "bear". They do other things like pokemon, my little pony, star wars, etc. But the bears are the draw. Most options start in the $30 range, and addons can run purchases into the hundreds.
    Pay you Age was exactly that. Allowing you to get $40 bears stuffed for as a little as a $1.

It turned into total fucking anarchy. But my kids got their bears (actually a unicorn, Beast, and a dragon) and a story to pass around. A picture similar to what I took up above was shared via the news with us dead center in it.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I always make sure to take a short detour through here whenever I visit:

It's a short road on the side of a mountain in one of the older and more hipstery parts of sthlm. Leads to the old Maria neighbourhood which is also one of my favourite places to just walk around:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mari...hood+stockholm

This one is for wraith:

I usually hate November, but there are some highlights. By my estimate there are around 2500 jars with candles in those rings, donated by local kids, in celebration of children and their hopes & dreams.

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

After 460 lights, but before 30 years of random memories.

Click to view the full version

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Had a typical visit to the bathroom at Heathrow:
    Wow, they must've known you were coming

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    YOU are a little terrifying.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

only a little but not beautiful

31 year difference, me and my youngest at Busch Gardens Florida.

We need a caption competition:

Pull my finger.

A sketch that never gets old.

A piece that was never missing just slid into place, and suddenly our universe got a third dimension. This is our daughter Juno. She likes sax & piano, Kant & Rawls, reason & instinct, and the Swedish healthcare system. Her spirit animal is the fox and she already has a cunning look about her. Both mum and daughter are well and we're all just luxuriating in the ward getting to know one another.