Page 11 of 138 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The pictures thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post

Matthew Mcconaughey?

EDIT: lol well 17 internet points to me - found the exact same face pic by sheer coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Possibly the worst actor in Hollywood.

Think I've only seen him in Contact with Jodie Foster - he was passable in that - but it wasn't a major role.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Previously unseen photos of Ché Guevara on a fishing trip and Fidel Castro playing golf, among others taken by Alberto Korda, sell for over £31,000 in an auction in the UK.

The symbol of youth rebellion for generations who have no idea who he was or what he did.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Doris is a Proper Lady. Fuck you!

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Theres something hot about the way she squats

Reminds me of the South Park episode where Martha Stewart squats on a turkey.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...Martha+Stewart
    Last edited by Being; 03-07-2010 at 02:17 AM.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Previously unseen photos of Ché Guevara on a fishing trip and Fidel Castro playing golf, among others taken by Alberto Korda, sell for over £31,000 in an auction in the UK.

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...uevara.low.jpg
    http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...g/golf.low.jpg
    I was reading something a while back that talked about how Castro's horrible golf game againist Guevara is one of the main reasons Cuba only has like 1 decent golf course.

The symbol of youth rebellion for generations who have no idea who he was or what he did.

A girl I knew from my freshman class put a Che picture on the ass of her jeans after they got torn. I'm not sure what message she was sending, but I liked it!
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

... or in the case of some, couldn't really give a toss.

Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Sad but true yet again Mr Stardust.

Still funny though.

AC/DC concert last night - crappy phone pics courtesy of my wife...

Just our luck to end up with the worlds tallest woman, with the worldest biggest hair toting a pair of huge fucking sunnies on her head - standing right in front of us.

But she was hawt so it was kinda ok.

Such is Life...

I think I can tell 3 songs they played

Nice pictures
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    I think I can tell 3 songs they played

Nice pictures
    In order:

Riders on the Storm - Wolfmother (yeah no shit)
    Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC
    Rock n Roll Train - AC/DC
    Hells Bells - AC/DC
    For those about to Rock - AC/DC

Angus has still got it, even old BJ gets around ok but Malcolm looks like a half decayed meat puppet. Phil Rudd & Cliff Williams are as tight as ever, didn't miss a beat all night.
    Such is Life...

IMO it has always been about Angus. The rest could be anonymously replaced by random rockers of modest skill.

I still find it disturbing how Angus Young constantly wears school outfits .... still a good guitarist though.

Technique-wise, he is great. His vibrato, always done sans tremolo, is among the best.

I find AC/DC songs somewhat formulaic, but I general love Angus' guitar-work. I also loved the jack Black ongoing homage to Young in School of Rock. He even plays a red Gibson SG, Young's signature.

big picture of salt ponds near San Francisco:
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Stunning!

Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Such is Life...

Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

That last supper pic. Whoa. You managed to tingle my deepest seated catholic sensibilities. Thought those were gone forever....
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

To me it seems like shock just to be shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    Well. Yeah.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    To me it looks like they all did what Jesus told them to, but didn't wait for him to die before eating his body and drinking his blood...
    . . .