Thread: New theme looks nice

Default New theme looks nice

Well that's it in a nutshell.

In perpetual orbit around a point three seconds to the left of the future.
    I dunno, I'm finding navigation somewhat iffy and some of the theme elements, like whether threads have new posts, aren't very clear.

I just switched off 'signatures' because they are displayed in a huge lettertype. Dreads signature for example takes up half of my screen easily.
    Congratulations America

Yeah, I noticed that. It doesn't seem to hit everyone though. So far I've only noticed Nessus and Dread's sigs messed up.

Anyway, I just logged on, I'll have a look around. I kind of like the clean look of this. Hope this won't rob you of too much sleep Wraith.

P.S. I'd like to repeat my case for a 'MyActiveTopics' alongside the present 'What's new'.
    Congratulations America

I'm not going to be able to completely finish up before going to bed, but I'd like to make sure things are at least functioning at an acceptable level before I do.

I just went in and fixed Dread's and Nessus's sigs. Somehow size=7 tags got slipped into them during the database import. I'll fix up any others I spot too.

No, it does not.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Testin' mah sig

Shooting up some dope
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY AVATAR
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

oh there it is
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Hope I havent lost mine...

It just looks sucky. Can anyone resize it without it blowing chunks? a google image of "liberty and justice" should bring up the image.

Also, i will be petitioning to have my epic sig left like this.
    Last edited by Spawnie; 01-23-2010 at 10:42 AM.
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

dude.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

It is important life advice that needs emphasis
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

ahahahaa

Awesome
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

i had best not be subscribed to this thread any longer

AWESOME, thank you Wraith! We'll all be noticing and tweaking things, but this is super.

Oh em gee, you think this theme looks good? It's killing me. Positively killing.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

One is hating the current theme. It's, naff, to say the least!