Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Michiganders screwed

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    Pretty much anybody who strives to get the facts right. Fact is that none of the sources you cited do so, and in fact each is guilty of intentionally get the facts WRONG in cases where this is no ambiguity.
    So it shouldn't be difficult to name one.

And I'm not playing your little games. You'll keep spewing your propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    So it shouldn't be difficult to name one.
    And I'm not playing your little games. You'll keep spewing your propaganda.
    You two are so cute. Out of context, this exchange has been like the opening scene of a romantic comedy where the two love interests meet and hate each other, then end up making angry love half-way into the film.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    You two are so cute. Out of context, this exchange has been like the opening scene of a romantic comedy where the two love interests meet and hate each other, then end up making angry love half-way into the film.
    Thanks a lot, Chacha.

Of course, getting laid would probably help both of them out a lot, so it might as well be together.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

We're both married, Lolli. I can't speak for Lewk's nookie levels, but mine are A-Okay.

Mmmhmmm.

I have always sworn I would never said this, but...

Pics or it didn't happen.

Right-o. Just disregarded everything you've ever said about yourself.

Along this time I'm picturing a sexless spinster.

That's me.

I'm totally saving myself for marriage - I just never said whose.

Heh. I LOLed

Good.

I think you need to LOL more.

Depends. Is this the forum of light banter and straw men? It has that appearance.

That's a good point - but I am blaming Chacha for my misbehavior in this thread. He just gave me this image that I can't seem to get rid of.

A roundabout way of answering. Yes, I have fun here. I am intrigued here, amused here, confounded here and angered here. I feel comfortable in expressing all of these. For now.

You just seem, to me, to be angry more often than anything else. I guess you know what you are looking for, though.

I think there's a lot of BS here, at least from some people. I don't feel like pretending it isn't there.

It's just less than entertaining for the people stuck watching, you know.

And I'm sure you only exist for my amusement.

Actually, I think some people love it. Fuzzy didn't come in to say his piece. He came in to bait me to say more. Transparent trolling, can't honestly be construed as anything but. Maybe he wanted fireworks, or maybe he wanted to facilitate my self-destruction because he doesn't like me. Does it matter? Rules is rules. He's not abiding by them in the very limited way that Wraith has ever talked about it. It's like voters agreed that there needed to be some law changes, kicked around some ideas in the public venues, then were never notiied of what the actual new laws were. Bad idea.

Just like the Chaloobi thing. I said my piece, and it was unpleasant but defensible. He went ape shit, and I argued with him. Rise and repeat. Was I wrong? Was Chaloobi? Both? I think I have the right to voice a reasonable opinion, even if it is unpleasant. Something bigoted would be unreasonable. Expressing concern, even judging, Subject X is something that one should be able to do in a forum like this. Or maybe not: maybe we will sanitize the forum such that nothing unpleasant gets said. But I lurked for a few days before resuming posting. Other people were being too aggressive or too personal.

And no, I'm not trying to raise hell by bringing it up. I just want to have a reasonable discussion about what is reasonable. I think my pursuit of the issue with Wraith was. If you aren't going to be transparent, just permaban me Wraith. Because I'm not going to tolerate you high-handedness and secretiveness.

But I'll say something further: I think there are different ways of playing the TWF/CC forum. For some it is literally a game (yes, they have been revealed referring to it as such, in what I think is all earnestness). Others view it as a place to air and argue their opinions. But I'll honestly say that a couple of people, and I won't name names, will do what they can to get me to be ruled wrong, all to score those points. It's all about points for them, baby. Maybe it's to come out ahead in their game, or maybe it's to further their own agendas by invalidating mine and any plausible arguments I might make by association. That's how I see it. Those with points to score will call it "lawyering." Or maybe some will say I'm paranoid. Well, there's no paranoia elsewhere in my life; nobody is "out to get me." I just smell some stink here. If I can't fit in, so be it.

You bully people Tear. You are belligerent, you pick fights, and you smear them. You get quite nasty when things get going. And you explained why in that goodbye thread. You're in an unfortunate position, a miserable position, and you NEED to vent the feelings that creates. I understand that, and I sympathize. But that doesn't make the way you treat people here right, Tear. We are not your punching bags. You don't want to direct that ugliness at anyone in "real life"tm, but you have no right to force it on us in their stead. I used to be able to carry on an extended debate with you, but I haven't been able to do that for a while, I have to keep disengaging because the only choices available are to fall quiet or tacitly accept the role you selfishly want to force on me. But I can't stay quiet because that is effectively letting you silence me, just another manifestation of bullying, and it would go against that promise I made to myself to not let others silence again, after my freshman year of college.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

But I'll say something further: I think there are different ways of playing the TWF/CC forum. For some it is literally a game (yes, they have been revealed referring to it as such, in what I think is all earnestness). Others view it as a place to air and argue their opinions. But I'll honestly say that a couple of people, and I won't name names, will do what they can to get me to be ruled wrong, all to score those points. It's all about points for them, baby. Maybe it's to come out ahead in their game, or maybe it's to further their own agendas by invalidating mine and any plausible arguments I might make by association. That's how I see it. Those with points to score will call it "lawyering." Or maybe some will say I'm paranoid. Well, there's no paranoia elsewhere in my life; nobody is "out to get me." I just smell some stink here. If I can't fit in, so be it.
    "It's not paranoia if people really are out to get me"? Okay, big boy, good luck with that.

How many threads hijacked into discussing how crazy ']['ear is this week? 3, 4?
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I was trying to hijack it for much better purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Mmmhmmm.

I have always sworn I would never said this, but...

Pics or it didn't happen.
    Right-o. Just disregarded everything you've ever said about yourself.

Along this time I'm picturing a sexless spinster.
    That's me.

I'm totally saving myself for marriage - I just never said whose.
    Heh. I LOLed
    Good.

I think you need to LOL more.
    Depends. Is this the forum of light banter and straw men? It has that appearance.
    That's a good point - but I am blaming Chacha for my misbehavior in this thread. He just gave me this image that I can't seem to get rid of.
    A roundabout way of answering. Yes, I have fun here. I am intrigued here, amused here, confounded here and angered here. I feel comfortable in expressing all of these. For now.
    You just seem, to me, to be angry more often than anything else. I guess you know what you are looking for, though.
    I think there's a lot of BS here, at least from some people. I don't feel like pretending it isn't there.
    It's just less than entertaining for the people stuck watching, you know.

And I'm sure you only exist for my amusement.
    Christ. Get a fuckin' (chat) room why don't you. You're pollutin' my thread with yer fucked up fire mission. Shit.

Also -regarding this:

I can't think of a better <sniff> compliment. <wipes tear>

(Oh! Another image!)

Just like the Chaloobi thing. I said my piece, and it was unpleasant but defensible. He went ape shit, and I argued with him. Rise and repeat. Was I wrong? Was Chaloobi? Both?
    O FOR FUCK'S SAKE TEAR. WHY? THINGS WERE GOING SO GOOD THESE LONG WEEKS. WHY?????
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)