Thread: Response to gay harrassment: it gets better

Default Response to gay harrassment: it gets better

My wife forwarded this to me just now, and I find it really rings true. A beautiful message

As an aside, I actually know Terry, and met Dan once (Dan was an hilarious sex columnist in the Seattle Independent paper). My wife (gf at the time) was had a co-worker who had gone to college with some gay guys, and she hung out with the group of them. That group was friends with Terry, who worked at our local video store, and so I got to know Terry. And at a party one night I met Dan, a real thrill for me because I greatly admired his edgy and very humorous writing. So, not much of a personal connection, but it's there. Circa 1994-5

Oh, and I'd HIGHLY recommend a book by Dan Savage about adopting their child: The Kid: What Happened After My Boyfriend and I Decided to Go Get Pregnant

There's a new effort to get this message out to kids, that being bullied for being LGBT isn't acceptable. That there are people who can help, that it will get better.

Too many kids have committed suicide because of this gaybullying that goes on routinely in American society, especially at schools and small towns.

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    Dan was an hilarious sex columnist in the Seattle Independent paper
    Dan Savage still writes. His column is called "Savage Love".
    . . .

Dan is cool. Was kinda awkward that time he spoke about how a Green Party candidate "should be dragged behind a pickup truck until there's nothing left but the rope." But I like his style of activism in general.

Yes, I read his column in the Seattle Indy paper, The Stranger. Haven't seen it since I left Seattle. His sense of humor can be over the top. But generally not intentionally cruel.