Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your feature/change requests here -- let's consolidate it!

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Please can we get it set to that the URL changes whenever you browse around the site - like it used to at Atari. Unless I open a new tab wherever I browse the URL is always http://www.theworldforgotten.net/forum.php - makes it really annoying when you hit F5 and go back to the start.
    I'm going to look into something when I get the time, but I have to ask Wraith first. Mainly it may just be redirecting theworldforgotten.net to the .com like Google etc. do.
    . . .

I did it the way I did to help out er...was it Timbuk2? Let's go with that. He said he wasn't able to access the .com through his work but the .net worked fine for him. I did it this sorta weird way to let him keep a way of slacking off instead of earning his paycheck. A simple redirect would have been easier, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I did it the way I did to help out er...was it Timbuk2? Let's go with that. He said he wasn't able to access the .com through his work but the .net worked fine for him. I did it this sorta weird way to let him keep a way of slacking off instead of earning his paycheck. A simple redirect would have been easier, trust me.
    Ahh yes, quite. I remember now...
    . . .

Thought the .com had been nicked by one of those silly pest companies.

Get with the times, grandpa
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I hope we didn't pay them off to get it back ...

I hope we didn't pay them off to get it back ...
    We did...
    . . .

Don't like that ...

Don't like that ...
    Umm, well then I have some additional bad news Rand...

...it seems our squatter was also an avid collector and connoisseur of souls, human souls...

...so, uhh, we gave him yours. On the bright side though it brought the price down by about 50%, which was a really good deal...
    . . .

Especially since I don't have a soul in the first place, we made the best part of that

No, as a white person you don't have soul.

Common mistake
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Here's a novel thought. When one of you ADMINS start fucking around with things, please put the forum on stand-by mode (or whatever it's called).

I tried posting a new thread, then making an edit, and the whole site was twisted up and frozen. Thought I was fucking something up! But it wasn't my computer or ISP, because I had other tabs and windows opened, and they all worked just fine. I could've waited with a "Site temporarily down for maintenance" or something like that, but just seeing the spinning wheel and half-loaded posts was......irritating and confusing without reason.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Here's a novel thought. When one of you ADMINS start fucking around with things, please put the forum on stand-by mode (or whatever it's called).
    You weren't experiencing any of this because neither I nor Wraith (at least that I'm aware of) were doing anything, but thanks for jumping down our throats anyway...
    . . .

Is it a browser or site refresh issue that allows the main page to display deleted posts? Saw it happen to one of Fuzzy's posts in the "fix the internet thread"; clicked on his post from the main page and the link only took me to the top of the page his post would have appeared on. It was like that for a few minutes, but now I don't see the deleted post appearing on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Is it a browser or site refresh issue that allows the main page to display deleted posts? Saw it happen to one of Fuzzy's posts in the "fix the internet thread"; clicked on his post from the main page and the link only took me to the top of the page his post would have appeared on. It was like that for a few minutes, but now I don't see the deleted post appearing on the main page.
    Probably a refresh issue. Also clicking on the text link will take you to the top of the article page, you have to click the arrow link at the end of the post to go to the post itself...
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    you have to click the arrow link at the end of the post to go to the post itself...
    Doubled checked that at the time. The text link takes you to the top of page 1. The arrow link of a deleted post takes you to the top of the page the deleted post appears on, in this case that was the top of page 2.

There appears to be a delay between the feed on the home article page and the threads themselves, as I posted a comment in a thread and it didn't instantly update to the feed itself. At the time of this posting it still hasn't.

Edit: Its been 5 minutes and still no update. I'm inclined to believe this is purposeful on the part of vBulletin so that moderators or admins have time to police posts that will show up on the home page, that way malicious posters or bots don't spam it up with crap.

Additional Edit: So it appears its a full 5 minutes give or take a few seconds for the feed to update.

Another Edit: My hypothesis put forth in my edit seems to be correct. Deleting a post doesn't immediately remove it from the feed, but physically removing it via moderator tools does. Also deleting posts gives them a post number of 0 which is partially why it dumps you at the top of the page.
    Last edited by Illusions; 12-22-2010 at 07:12 PM.
    . . .

i can haz theme selector menu in mobile theme plz?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    i can haz theme selector menu in mobile theme plz?
    If you must.

Question: what is the purpose of hidden viewing? There are always x + y number of members on line.

What's the purpose of y?

Some members choose to log on in invisible mode. They still show up in the count of members, but they won't show up in the listing of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Some members choose to log on in invisible mode. They still show up in the count of members, but they won't show up in the listing of them all.
    I figured that already, but what I want to know is Why members would want to appear as Invisible.

For my part it's because I don't want to feel pressured to respond to posts. I gained an appreciation for invisibility a long time ago when I encountered peopleway too keen on internet fights who couldn't accept that a person can just be on a forum without wanting to bicker all the freaking time.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    I figured that already, but what I want to know is Why members would want to appear as Invisible.
    I like the feature. Sometimes on Atari I'd be on in the wee hours of the morning, searching through old threads either looking for a particular reference or post, or just waxing nostalgic, and suddenly I'd get a PM from Nessie *or maybe I got one from you, actually* asking what the hell I was doing. I didn't particularly care for the sensation of being watched late at night.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

In my defence, I was probably very drunk at the time
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I'd like a "force member to post" feature. Thanks in advance.
    Hope is the denial of reality

While you're at it, can we have a stab a poster in the face feature?

Only Finnish ones.