Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your feature/change requests here -- let's consolidate it!

What are those icons next to each thread that look like a sheet of paper? They don't seem to have any use.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Good question... I think those are like the little yellow icons on the old forums. At some point we need to get Psilon here to make us a custom theme...

Yeah, the huge envelope-icons are also pretty ugly/annoying (and they are a lot smaller in the legend at the bottom..)

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Added a less eye-burning theme. We may not keep it, but at least people won't go blind while we're getting other things taken care of.
    The dark theme looks nice.

When you go to "go advanced" or whatever, there are no editing or formatting buttons - text size, font, links, insert pic, etc etc.

I know most of the basic ones but not all. Others might know even less. Can you add them in there? That would leave the quick reply box still relatively clean.
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

In your settings, go to Forum Settings, at the bottom there is the Message Editor Interface, set it to WYSIWYG

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Good question... I think those are like the little yellow icons on the old forums. At some point we need to get Psilon here to make us a custom theme...
    Illusions is working on that right now. We'll have a classic blue theme soon. If Psilon or anyone else wants to work on a theme too though, I certainly wouldn't object.

Illusions is working on that right now. We'll have a classic blue theme soon. If Psilon or anyone else wants to work on a theme too though, I certainly wouldn't object.
    A black and purple theme. With white text. And and and.

I should learn how to do this myself or something.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Flixy was whining earlier about vertical whitespace, so I fixed that.

Flixy was whining earlier about vertical whitespace, so I fixed that.
    Do you think you could move on to satisfying my needs now?

Once the price is right.

Name your price.

Acceptable.

I can't be bothered to read this thread, but when you highlight a link here:

... it goes white.

Furthermore, is there any plans to get the dark theme from ACC on here? The current one blows monkey cock.

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    Furthermore, is there any plans to get the dark theme from ACC on here? The current one blows monkey cock.
    Illusions is supposed to be doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Thank you m'lady.

(Nice one Illusions!).

Illusions is going to need time, because there is only so much spare time, and the documentation for changing a style is 3 separate ~ 40 page .pdf files ...the forum end of that is about 85% done, I just need to change some images, and hunt down a few style variables that weren't documented in the .pdf on forums...
    . . .

a Emoticon pick list anyone?

b When you go advanced, all your formatting tools vanish. Odd, really.

c The last forum had these nifty metrics showing %of total posts you represent, your most posted in thread, etc. That was fun.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Oh, also, the icon legend is wrong for the default style, not sure about dark yet, but I will check. It currently says a green dot with an arrow is for threads that you've posted in, when in reality what is used is a green dot with a check mark...
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Illusions is going to need time, because there is only so much spare time, and the documentation for changing a style is 3 separate ~ 40 page .pdf files ...the forum end of that is about 85% done, I just need to change some images, and hunt down a few style variables that weren't documented in the .pdf on forums...
    Sounds fun for you. Really.

Sounds fun for you. Really.
    I enjoy making things pretty, I'm more frustrated that vBulletin has gone from what seemed like a rather simple, and quick way to rapidly change style colors in version 3, to what they now have in version 4, which is getting numerous complaints. The continuing strife created by the ever present war between Coders and Artists...
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    I enjoy making things pretty, I'm more frustrated that vBulletin has gone from what seemed like a rather simple, and quick way to rapidly change style colors in version 3, to what they now have in version 4, which is getting numerous complaints. The continuing strife created by the ever present war between Coders and Artists...
    If only you could see this one software I have to/get to use pretty much

It's like the artists took the coders, chained them up and beat them until they cried and did everything as they were told

Goddamn Frenchies
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    If only you could see this one software I have to/get to use pretty much

It's like the artists took the coders, chained them up and beat them until they cried and did everything as they were told

Goddamn Frenchies
    Its nice when that happens, sans the beatings. Or when the coders are former artists, or at least have some idea that people don't want to deal with having a frequently used function buried 3 menus deep, activated by clicking either an ambiguous name or icon. Or when they don't bother to use the same conventions throughout their own program. For instance, one of things with changing the style is that you have a list of stuff on the left, and when you select something, it displays its properties in a window on the right. Ok, fine, I can work with that. Some of them aren't named intuitively, or break the search function. So if I have a group of things called "postbit" I might miss one or more properties that change the same thing "postbit" does because some moron decided to call some of the other properties "post_bit".

Search: postbit
    Resulting List: postbit_thisOneThing, postbit_thisOtherThing, postbit_thisOtherThingVersionA

I then wonder why certain things aren't changing color, then remember...

Search: post
    Resulting List: post_bit_yetAnotherThingA, post_bit_yetAnotherThingB, post_bit_yetAnotherThingC, postbit_thisOneThing, postbit_thisOtherThing, postbit_thisOtherThingVersionA

. . .

Also, on topic:

Is it a bug of vBulletin in general that I have to show the software there are no unread threads in a subforum? If one simply clicks back to the main forum listing page via the Forum link, or whatever, without going back to the thread listing under Site Discussion, the little icon doesn't change next to the forum and it's really annoying and aaaagh
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Minor request: can we get the member list back, with ability to sort by date of joining? Useful for keeping up with who recently joined.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Minor request: can we get the member list back, with ability to sort by date of joining? Useful for keeping up with who recently joined.
    http://www.theworldforgotten.com/mem...joindate&pp=30

can we move the ellipsis threshold for page numbers on a bit further? Currently, we have this situation in may of threads.

1,2 ... 4

which is in fact fairly stupid
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Is there a link to it in the forum or did you just save that link from before?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Is there a link to it in the forum or did you just save that link from before?
    I will NOT TELL YOU AND FORCE TO BOOKMARK IT

No it's under Community -> Member list, and then you click on the join date tab to order it by that