Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your feature/change requests here -- let's consolidate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Also, on topic:

Is it a bug of vBulletin in general that I have to show the software there are no unread threads in a subforum? If one simply clicks back to the main forum listing page via the Forum link, or whatever, without going back to the thread listing under Site Discussion, the little icon doesn't change next to the forum and it's really annoying and aaaagh
    Atari CC Had that too, and that was vBulletin too. Pretty annoying yes!
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

It seems that every page on here has the same url (http://www.theworldforgotten.com/forum/index.php), which makes linking absolutely impossible. What's the deelio?

www.theworldforgotten.com/forum/index.php was not a valid address after the upgrade. I was worried that people wouldn't get from the 404 error that they needed to go to the base page, so I set up forwarding, only I was really lazy about it, so when you get here from that address, your address bar doesn't update.

I may do something about it tonight.

The quick solution though is to not use that address anymore.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the info. You're the forvm g0d.

I'm sure someone somewhere mentioned that the dark text in a dark box in the dark vision style isn't really working out. Any way to change the quick reply text to white?

EDIT:
    Same goes for editing posts....

EDIT 2:
    On a different computer and the text inside the boxes is white. Looks like I've have to screw around with my cubical machine.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 01-26-2010 at 01:26 PM.

What browser were you using when you saw the dark text in the quick reply box?

Ability to unsubscribe from Forums/Subforums...you can do so for threads, but I can't find a way to do so for forums or subforums...
    . . .

Can we rename "Settings" to User CP?

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    What browser were you using when you saw the dark text in the quick reply box?
    IE7 on Windows XP. But it was also the same machine that was giving me freaky size changing text boxes over at the Atari community as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    I can't be bothered to read this thread, but when you highlight a link here:

<snip: image>

... it goes white.

Furthermore, is there any plans to get the dark theme from ACC on here? The current one blows monkey cock.
    Apparently I can't be bothered to read this thread either. I fixed this a day or two ago. Whenever I posted that dark theme improvement thread.

Can we get a fifteen minute window to stealth edit posts? (ie. if I edit the post in that time slot, the edited tag won't appear) I usually re-read my own post after submitting it, and tend to find something to add. And I don't think it serves much purpose to clutter up the posts with notes about last-minute edits.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I upped the time limit to 10. Does that work? 15 (and probably even 10) seems a bit much given how rapid-fire this place can become.

I can live with that, thanks
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Using IE (whichever is the latest) on Windows XP, the little icon that's supposed to indicate which threads I've posted in doesn't show up. Anyone else has this problem, or is it my browser?

The little green circle with a white check mark? I see it beside which subforums, and threads I've posted in.
    IE7 on XP

I've never seen this before. Its the same post, no editing between screenshots. The forums, or my browser is putting the 2nd "down" in the post, but I'm not able to copy it, or edit it out. I've tried refreshing, editing other parts of the post, yet that ghost word remains, until I highlight it....

Thread dotting/marking of threads I've posted in doesn't seem to be showing, although it does in the test forum. Don't know if its just happening for myself or others are affected as well.
    . . .

"View Site Leaders"

I for one ...
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Should we be optimistic and have a new members section to encourage the lurkers signing on? Maybe not a whole section, rather a sticky thread. A regular thread could drop off the first page when the avalanche of new members evaporates.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

new member thread would be nice, something so I can keep track of all the nick changes.

How about an entertainment section too? Break TV, games, and books into their own subforum?

I'd be in favour of that, but I would think the rate of posting has to pick up for that.

Maybe. Or not, it would simply mean that there are more sections in an otherwise quite short forum list. Which is preferable.

I think I like it.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    "View Site Leaders"

I for one ...
    Well thats really trippy...
    . . .

Can we do away with the image thumbnails in the editor (or is that a setting I missed?), its really hard to add text behind an image thumbnail, the emoticons show as broken images, and I don't see a way to change an image from img to shot in editor.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 02-01-2010 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Thread dotting/marking of threads I've posted in doesn't seem to be showing, although it does in the test forum. Don't know if its just happening for myself or others are affected as well.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by BalticSailor View Post
    Using IE (whichever is the latest) on Windows XP, the little icon that's supposed to indicate which threads I've posted in doesn't show up. Anyone else has this problem, or is it my browser?
    Baltic, is what you mentioned the same as Illusions' problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Baltic, is what you mentioned the same as Illusions' problem?
    Yes, and apparently you just fixed it, and it's working fine. Thanks.

Don't know if its a vB or URL setting, but no header bar title (whatever you call it) on the tabs, it just has the URL.

EDIT: Ah, I think that's because of the URL I'm using www.theworldforgotten.com/forum
    Last edited by RandBlade; 02-02-2010 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Can we do away with the image thumbnails in the editor (or is that a setting I missed?), its really hard to add text behind an image thumbnail, the emoticons show as broken images, and I don't see a way to change an image from img to shot in editor.
    Images should show as raw tags in the editor rather than thumbnails now. Sorry I took so long to get to this.

Can we increase # of allowed images pls.

Seems to limit you to four in a post.

Though the error message that comes up if you try to post more than four tells you that the minimum is eight.

ACC limit was 17 IRCC

Limit should be turned off now.