Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your feature/change requests here -- let's consolidate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Limit should be turned off now.

A few suggestions:

1: Remove the vBulletin logo. Either replace with our own, or just have nothing there. Makes it look very generic just having that htere.

2: Remove the Blogs tab. We're not using it, the Home tab is actually the Blog. Maybe rename Home to Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    A few suggestions:

1: Remove the vBulletin logo. Either replace with our own, or just have nothing there. Makes it look very generic just having that htere.
    Done. Will replace with our own once we have one.

2: Remove the Blogs tab. We're not using it, the Home tab is actually the Blog. Maybe rename Home to Blog.
    Done.

edit: Done on removing the blogs tab part. Not sure about renaming the home tab. It's supposed to be our front page. Additional feedback requested.

It seems that on all styles avatars take up more space than their actual size. If you click next to it you still click the link, which can be annoying.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    It seems that on all styles avatars take up more space than their actual size. If you click next to it you still click the link, which can be annoying.
    Its because the center html code is inside the link html code instead of the other way around...
    . . .

That's not the cause. See: Dark theme.

That's not the cause. See: Dark theme.
    You're right its not......are there repercussions?
    . . .

To you being wrong, or to removing the expanded link? Not sure about the latter, haven't really investigated it yet, though it might be that the consistent allocation of space depends on that. Should be changeable regardless, but I plan on dragging my feet here.

If you meant the first, yes. Dire.

Done. Will replace with our own once we have one.
    Cool

The dark blue bar where it was it just rather empty now, how about removing it beneath "Welcome, username Notifications" etc - at least for now.

Speaking of space allocation, editing a post gives a whole amount of blank space above it.

If you meant the first, yes. Dire.
    Well damn. Is there enough time to inform next of kin, or shall retributions come post haste?
    . . .

Speaking of space allocation, editing a post gives a whole amount of blank space above it.
    I'm not going to get to this soon. It should be fixed in the next vBulletin patch (ETA: Any day now), and it doesn't seem like it merits high enough priority at this point to justify the pain it'd cause to fix it early and on my own.

I'm not going to get to this soon. It should be fixed in the next vBulletin patch (ETA: Any day now), and it doesn't seem like it merits high enough priority at this point to justify the pain it'd cause to fix it early and on my own.
    Is this patch going to break anything I've done? Because if it is I'm going to need a few days advance notice before laying siege to vBulletin's corporate headquarters...
    . . .

All your style work should be fine. It may break changes to the underlying code, though, which is why I'm reluctant to dive too deep into it yet.

Thanks

Awesome, I even get thanked when I say I'm too lazy to fill the request!

Some people around here are too damned polite. I would have brought out the generator.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Could you make it so that an image is seen as a character. Not that it's a lot of trouble, just be nice to have for instance for the picture thread.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Could you make it so that an image is seen as a character. Not that it's a lot of trouble, just be nice to have for instance for the picture thread.
    +1

I like to communicate pictographically
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Fixed.

Settings, please rename that to User CP, or Control Panel, like it was over at Atari?

Under Settings, can we get the list of active threads to also display the member who last posted, and not just the time? I'm discovering that post whores like eyekhan and ar are adding very little to the discussions.

Why does it matter what it is called?
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

OG is easily confused.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

settings doesn't wholely explain whats is available beyond that link.

I just clicked setting and it has the word "networking" in it.

Key Riced.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Settings, please rename that to User CP, or Control Panel, like it was over at Atari?
    I think this is the silliest request I've ever filled, but it's done. Lolli won't pay for this one, so you'll have to.

in cookies? I've got 10 boxes of girlscout cookies in my trunk right now....

How many girl scouts are in your trunk?

Is there any way you can shrink the size of ignored posts? Right now they have the display name, their title, several options in bolded text with a larger size than standard in posts, and take up as much or more space on the screen as a normal three or four line post, much of it blank.

Weird timing. This same thing just came up with Nessus.

[12:14] <@ThirdWraith> ... bumping the power of the ignore function so you don't even get any indication that the ignore-ee ever posted is on my list of things to do.
    I'll try to get something like that done by this weekend. If there are going to be two options for an ignore and super-ignore, I'll shrink the text on the ignored posts too. I'll see if I can get to that today.