Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your feature/change requests here -- let's consolidate it!

Default Post your feature/change requests here -- let's consolidate it!

Okidokie, Wraith has done an amazing job developing this place and installing vBulletin last night. vBulletin has a TON of customization options that we'll now need to fiddle with.

Please post your requests in this thread. We will discuss the features below. When there seems to be agreement, I will list them in the opening post, so Wraith can just look at one post.

Suggested Features/Bugs To Be Fixed:

+ Basic dark background/light text theme- For those who prefer dark places.

+ Change minimum character limit to...3? 0?

+ Emoticon triggers- Maybe change similar to the old system. EG : confused: now yields instead of . Also make all emoticons display in advanced reply window.

+ "Go to first new post" seems to be broken.

+ Remove italics from quote boxes.
    Last edited by Dreadnaught; 01-23-2010 at 05:47 PM.

Do we need a char limit at all?

It's annoying in the pictures thread having to put in chars when you're just posting a piccy.

Also - can't seem to delete threads/posts?

Was gonna delete my 5 char limit thread as you've got this thread for all requests ...

Just the non eye raping theme and get rid of the character limit.

Also, can anything be done about all this white space?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Also - can't seem to delete threads/posts?
    edit > delete
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Do we need a char limit at all?
    Done, no minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    edit > delete
    Can delete posts with edit -> delete.

Can't delete first post of the thread to kill the thread - no delete option available.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Done, no minimum.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Can delete posts with edit -> delete.

Can't delete first post of the thread to kill the thread - no delete option available.
    Do we really want that though? Letting users delete their threads would really screw with the people who might have posted in that thread.

Hmmm yep in that case you've got a point. I wouldn't want my posts deleted.

Maybe if there are no other posts beyond the OP? That's probably just making things complicated.

No biggie.

For a serious comment on something other than my desire for dark themes (black and purple, but I'm predictable like that) , I think the jump to the first new post in a thread thingyflicker is borked. I am quite certain I had already been in one of the threads since the upgrade and it put me at the top of the page reading things I had already read.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Just the non eye raping theme and get rid of the character limit.
    Added a less eye-burning theme. We may not keep it, but at least people won't go blind while we're getting other things taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    For a serious comment on something other than my desire for dark themes (black and purple, but I'm predictable like that) , I think the jump to the first new post in a thread thingyflicker is borked. I am quite certain I had already been in one of the threads since the upgrade and it put me at the top of the page reading things I had already read.
    I cried about that and Wraith said he would kill a puppy for every time someone mentioned it
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I'm having the same problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    I cried about that and Wraith said he would kill a puppy for every time someone mentioned it
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    I'm having the same problem...
    At least it is puppies he is killing.

I'm running out of puppies. Switching to kitties soon.

I'll look into it. Or Dread can, since I'm not sure I'm having the same problem.

I think that's fixed now.

Thank you.

I'll pay later.

I'm not at all a fan of everything in quotes being italicized. It kind of gives me a headache reading articles.

At the top of the page it has the location (e.g.

Except it's next to eachother but I get this when I copy it.

Could we get that at the bottom too> I find it easy to click on to go back to the forum you came from.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I'm not sure I follow...
    This at the bottom, too.

Consolidating these was a great idea. One post shopping for all the requests is going to make my life a lot easier.

+ Remove italics from quote boxes.
    Done.

+ Emoticon triggers- Maybe change similar to the old system. EG : confused: now yields instead of . Also make all emoticons display in advanced reply window.
    We've got way too many emoticons to show them all in the basic advanced reply window, I think. And I haven't even added ziggy's latest batch of requests yet. 21 seems to be the maximum number for clean display.

You (dread) seem to be working on something around this area, so I'll leave this alone for now.

Yeah, I messed with them a bit...but the setting allowing for a 4-across smiley box doesn't seem to apply. I'll look into it.

I would still like a 'MyActiveTopics' link, and I agree that for easy navigation it would be nice if the in-forum choices were available at the bottom of the page too.

Hazir - it sounds like turning on the auto-subscribe setting in your control panel would get you what you wanted, unless I'm misunderstanding.

The icons next to the three forums on the main page, could they show which forums have unread posts?

EDIT: IT seems that already exists, but for some reason it only showed up as read after opening that forum again and then going to the main page.

Not exactly; right now we have a 'What's new' Button that shows you all threads in which a post has been made. I would like a similar button but then with the restriction that it only shows those threads in which you are posting already. That means a link that's available to you at all times while you are at the forum so that you can see if there is a reaction to your posts without having to go through the main board or scan a list with all topics.
    Congratulations America

If you set yout account so that it automatically subscribes to threads you post in, you can easily track that, I think.

EDIT: It seems that avatars take up twice their size (if I click on one, the selection box is twice as wide as the avatar).

And when you edit a post, you get a big blank area above the editing box.
    Last edited by Flixy; 01-24-2010 at 01:46 AM.

Any possibility to change my username?

Could do with more visual distinction between new posts/no new post icons. Especially on the dark theme.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come