Thread: Question: how to make text fill entire line when making a poster?

Default Question: how to make text fill entire line when making a poster?

What I want is a very simple poster with a few lines of large text, and I want each line to fill the entire width of the page (barring margins of course). The lines have varying numbers of characters. Can someone tell me what feature it is I'm looking for? I tried using "justify" in word but that seems to preclude centering and doesn't adjust the spaces between characters.

Any help would be very much appreciated
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Wouldn't it be the character spacing (Eg: Highlight text you want in Microsoft Word > Fonts > Character Spacing Tab > Spacing)??

May also be known as Tracking.

Just wondering if there's any way to automatically adjust the spacing and size so that I can fill the page with text without having to fiddle with every line

I'm pretty sure the closest you'll get to that is alignment set to justified. The problem is there is a limit to how much space it puts between words so if you don't have enough text on a line it won't reach side to side.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    I'm pretty sure the closest you'll get to that is alignment set to justified. The problem is there is a limit to how much space it puts between words so if you don't have enough text on a line it won't reach side to side.
    Yeah I just saw that! Made do with justified monospace expanded. Not too fiddly after all, whew thanks guys!