Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Apple Closes More Doors

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    Well, *I* appreciate it. I thought I was being cantankerous, but not crossing any line that would justify anything. Or, to put it another way, I may have crossed a line by reporting Khen. But it doesn't go down well to see somebody get away with what I have not, particularly when 1) as I have been told, it is not the individual post, but the cumulative behavior, and 2) when it is directed at me, yet I am going to be held to a much higher standard in my responses.
    The problem is that history's hard to damn away. You're capable of posting interesting things, but some of your past posts have come off as overly aggressive and baiting due to the way things ended the last time around. And telling Wraith he's "making you his bitch" (ugh) doesn't help things. Neither of you can back down without feeling like you've lost face and I can appreciate that, but Wraith just isn't known for his penchant for diplomacy, and you are one of the more persnickety/aggressive posters.

If you think he's being unfair, that's your right, but trying to go down in flames proving some point about your virtue and Wraith's cruelty doesn't serve anyone (not even you, and you know it), and it's a little disruptive to forum flow. And yes, Khen is aggressive too, but come on, he can't help it

I'm only posting this in public because I saw things differently than Minx, who apparently is far more adept at giving the benefit of the doubt and damning history. People discussing apple v everything else, feel free to ignore this!
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Khen is just as capable of pointless belligerence as Tear, so I'm not sure inclusion of posting history favors either side, really.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Can we talk about Orange instead?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Agent Orange?
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I'll leave the type of orange to your discretion.
    Hope is the denial of reality

I look forward to the day when Linux becomes just as natural and useful an alternative as Windows and OSX. I'm becoming more and more fond of good programs that don't cost money
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I think there is an agreement here that Tear said he'd try to actively avoid causing issues, and in return don't try to start issues with him. So don't throw that first stone (those off hand comments) just reply to one another calmly people are overly sensitive right now due to past issues.

Honestly, I think the mods could help diffuse the situation by not giving warnings but just sending private messages saying try to take this negative content out of your post, they can talk how they normally talk with each, however, when it comes to talking with Tear/khen/others just issues are to tense to allow those comments to go by at the moment. People need to take time to calm down, and they need to consciously do that... small comments are making large problems because of the need to cool off. Eventually after 2 weeks things will go back to normal, and you'll be able to talk like you normally would without the intent or feeling the other person is really trying to piss you off. If people kept the discussion about the discussion for a little while things will go back to normal.

Maybe Tear, so this issue doesn't come up again, and for anyone else who cares you may need to re-evaluate how you're insulting someone, insults during debates are natural, maybe the frequency or what you're saying could be the issue that rubs people the wrong way, maybe you need to alter the perception so your insults or comments aren't being understood the way they are now.

Edit: And I'll be watching as well as the mods will be, and you don't want me giving you a warning through a PM telling you that I'm about to PM the mods. You don't want to see that from me in your in-box. I'm willing to do it if I have to. Also, like my earlier comment, this is sarcasm.

I look forward to the day when Linux becomes just as natural and useful an alternative as Windows and OSX. I'm becoming more and more fond of good programs that don't cost money
    Since when were you not fondling them?

Well, this thread is clearly FUBAR now. Removing temptations. Same for the other thread.