Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeeees

3 100.00%
  • Noooo

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rate the scamming

I'm hoping you're not stupid enough to really think you can bully me into banning everybody who dares disagree with you after your trolling, so it's the explanation most favorable to you!

Show me where I trolled. I said nothing that warranted Khen's obnoxiousness. Expressing opinions or using sarcasm does not warrant personal insults.

You're making it impossible to peacefully co-exist here. If somebody attacks me, you accuse me of trolling. As if the only reason anybody would ever say anything nasty would be because I trolled them, and ignoring that Khen does this all the time.

And you seem to be using as your sole working assumption that the only reason I come here is to get in fights with you. That's really narcissistic.

Christ. I don't have time to deal with this shit. You've been nettling khen, and I've been letting it go because it doesn't meet the bar. Khen's responses likewise haven't. You're attempt at OG was pretty damn close, but I let that go too because I didn't want to deal with it. I'm so, so sorry that I let other people get away with the same things I let you get away with.

Quit trying to start shit with me or anybody else. Drop it.

Trust me, there's little I want less than interacting with you. But in each case you cite, somebody else got personal with me, unprovoked. Why don't you admit that you've got no shred of impartiality regarding me? You have it in fr me, and you love the chance to screw me. The truth is the opposite of what you profess, and you can't possibly hold other people to the standards you hold me. Khen's comment was out of the blue, personal, and ugly. It would have gotten me a warning, and he has a long history of doing that to people. You're basically shutting me down from reasonable debating, and allowing people to take potshots at me with impunity. Cut it out. It's disgusting. And spare me your insulting insinuations about why I post here. I have been posting reasonable comments that aren't personal, nor did I respond to OG or Khen with personal insults (and no, mocking Gawker/Gizmodo is not an ad hominem by anybody's standards.).

And the same issue comes up: you refuse to actually quote what you are cracking down on me for. Why? Because you don't want to be held accountable.

Because it's useless! Every single time I try to explain things to you, it just makes things worse. Why would I want to waste that much more time on you? I've tried to accomodate you every way I could, and tried to avoid doing anything more severe, but I can't let you create and drag out flamewars across the forum, and you're systematically proving that every thing I try that doesn't actually cause you harm won't work with you.

I haven't flamed anybody; please show me where I flamed. *I* reported Khen, reasoning that I would be more likely to work within the rules if other people were not allowed to flame me with impunity.

And please don't tell me that you work with me when you have yet to quote a single offense of mine any time you have disciplined me. This time included.

1) FALLACY. Engaging in 2-bit psychobabble that you couldn't even define (cognitive dissonance is what you're looking for) to discredit an entire quality metric?
    Just because he didn't know the name for it doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about. It really depends on how the reports are done, and there is also other factors like maybe certain type of people drift towards mac, maybe they're happier in general , so they give more positive feed back on things. I personally would accept it as valid evidence given it's conducted appropriately (at random).

On the issue at hand that comment you edited in, at the bottom of your post, does sound a bit like a taunt, and that comment done that way could really easily lead to a flame war if Khen comes back at you citing nasty things you did, and you do the same. It's basically creating a problem, and perhaps that's what you were trying to accomplish (maybe you weren't, and i don't think you were), but those kinds of comments are best left to PM. It's a last resort to make it a public issue. It's also just wiser and more logical to see where the powers that be stand on the issue before you bring it to the forums, because if they side against you then you basically made a mess that you'll get blamed for.

If this is an ongoing problem, I would make it a point not to respond in a negative way back to them, and I would quote/acknowledge some of their valid points so they realize I'm listening to their argument. I hope your disagreements on issues doesn't translate into disliking of each-other even though the more defensive and nasty sides of people can come out during debate.

As for being completely devoid of responsibility in these flamings, I seem to recall a comment along the lines of the king of critical thinking being made to someone, can't remember to whom or by who. Then someone got bitter and said something similar about It.
    Last edited by Lebanese Dragon; 10-24-2010 at 07:21 PM.

And SOLD for $550! Someone with Zionist upbringings at my office devised a sensible valuation system and priced it at $475. I priced it at $550 for breathing room in a negotiation but the guy didn't negotiate.

This'll cover a big chunk of garage bills...