Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welcome to 4.0.8!

How many ad threads do we have now?

I'm getting donut ads, but its just a stock photo for livingsocial, and its trying to link me to St. Pete (which is on the other side of the bay).

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Did you claim to be a police officer in your profile?

Question: what's the purpose of Friends? I was just fiddling around and clicking on names......and Dread didn't have any Friends. How odd. I know he probably never looked or cared much about that option, but still.

The flip side is that I felt it was a nice gesture when I received a couple of new Friend requests.

So what's the deal on the Friend thingy?

Not sure. I think there was some sort of "alert me when my friends are online" feature or something like that. I've never really messed around with it though, to be honest.

I was typing a reply, a bit wordy but not too long. Then it went POOF, simply disappeared and re-directed me to the main page.

Is this something others experience, too? Rather frustrating, but not sure if it's my computer or server or v-bulletin.

Any clues or suggestions?

Am considering buying a license on my own of vBulletin. So you automatically get 4.0.8, and unfortunately that means old 4.0.x skins do not work anymore?
    Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

Was the disappearing post (POOF) thing addressed somewhere else? Just wondered, in case this is in the wrong place.

Is there a reason why the "Ireland to go bust" thread is closed?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Was the disappearing post (POOF) thing addressed somewhere else? Just wondered, in case this is in the wrong place.
    I've never seen it. Use the .com address instead of the .net if you aren't already. If it happens again, try to note the conditions around it - it might help me repro it. Without being able to repro it, I can't really fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Is there a reason why the "Ireland to go bust" thread is closed?

It was apparently an accident. It's been reopened.