Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to 4.0.8!

Default Welcome to 4.0.8!

What broke?
    Last edited by Wraith; 10-24-2010 at 07:18 AM.

When I'm not signed in, the avatars under "recent forum posts" seem larger?
    When I'm signed in they are large, and the coloring isn't right for the classic blue.

Can't find anything wrong on the default style...the placement of a "Close this thread" checkbox next to every one of my quick replies is sorta amusing.

User Profiles are also customizable now. I still need to fix up some of the defaults, but everyone can set their own color scheme now for their profile. Top right of your profile.

Speaking of User profiles, mine is seriously broken in IE7. Colors being off I understand, but the avatars from people posting on my wall thingy are fucking huge.

Heh, I just checked it in IE7. That's awesome. Why on earth would you want me to fix that?

You got a good point, missized images and a color blind theme....fond memories of Geocities.

In the Darkvision Theme, that "What's Going On" field beneath the listing of subforums looks glaring and out of place, the grey is too light and the way it bleeds down in the text *a deliberate artistic effect, I do recognize that* just looks poor. Ditto for the "Posting Permissions" field at the bottom of a thread.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I think it looks better with the gradient, but I removed it anyways. How's it look now?

Okay, finally got the default profiles readable, I think.

Front page looks fixed. Still need to adjust avatar sizes.

Is there anything else? Otherwise, I'm almost out of work for this place.

The time zone didn't update to my setting. Twice.

Also, when I change pages there's this blindingly white page first. Never noticed that before.
    Last edited by GGT; 10-24-2010 at 06:03 PM.

What brower?

Could you also be a bit more specific about what you mean by "change pages"? Is it just clicking on any site link?

The time zone thing, I'm not sure I can do anything about. I can't seem to repro it myself.

edit: Also, are you accessing through the .com or the .net address? The .com will be better behaved, since the .net is just a mirror really.

Whenever I enter the cite, it claims I'm not logged in (and I can't see certain forums). But once I click on something, it says I'm logged in.
    Hope is the denial of reality

both
    .net always behaved like that for me, didn't even notice the .com was doing it to, I was so used to it.

If I go to theworldforgotten.net or the theworldforgotten.com I get the unlogged in default color and the top right box asking me to log in. If I log in that way, I'm still redirected to the unlogged in default homepage. yet once I click on a forum button to just about anywhere else, it works fine.

I noticed it before too. It came with the move to .net. I hadn't noticed on the .com, and was hoping it'd go away with the move back.

I'll look into it, but it's low priority right now since the workaround is so simple.

In other news, I got the thread titles back on the front page. Having difficulty with avatar sizes.

I think I'll be needing a lunch break soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    .net or .com?
    With net. Just switched it to .com and it works fine.

This isn't specific to the update but let's keep complaining and bitching in one Wraithylicious thread

When I click on 'go first unread' and the first unread post is by someone on my ignore list, I just get dumped to the top of the page with said post. Is there any work-around to this? Besides not using the ignore function.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Does it really happen that often?

I'd need to edit the php. I dun wanna edit the php anymore.

Happens every time.

Also, the font seems to be bigger...

Does it really happen that often?

I'd need to edit the php. I dun wanna edit the php anymore.
    I can live with it, I was just making sure whether no one else had thought of complaining about it before!
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I thought we had complained about it before?
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Hello? Raging alcoholism and ensuing dementia?

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    I thought we had complained about it before?
    You had! I'm good at ignoring and convieniently forgetting feature requests.

You had! I'm good at ignoring and convieniently forgetting feature requests.
    Fuck you, Wraithy.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Just finished merging all the remaining changes into the styles. What new things did I break?

I switched to .com. Time settings AOK, but now I see no quote option under (some) posts.

(Safari v 5)

I was screwing with the quote buttons a bit before your post, so you might have just caught me in the act. Are you still seeing the problem with quotes? If so, is it consistent, or are they just sometimes there and sometimes not for the same post?

please don't make me download safari