Thread: NaNoWriMo

Default NaNoWriMo

It's time...

And this year, I think I will. Just because.

It's all Minxy's fault, you know.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

My system is holding a 50,000 word novel contest for this. Wouldn't believe how many WTF comments I get, asking me if its a serious goal.

Well, I've started several times, but always wound up having other things come up. This year is the year, though.

At the moment I can't even think of anything silly like a plot, but I'm sure by tomorrow I'll have something.

C'mon, someone else bite the bullet with me here.

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    Urgh, I'd have to get back into shape for that. I haven't written anything in years.
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Well, I've started several times, but always wound up having other things come up. This year is the year, though.

At the moment I can't even think of anything silly like a plot, but I'm sure by tomorrow I'll have something.

C'mon, someone else bite the bullet with me here.
    Are you writing a novel?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

yes.

Are you?

Arn't we all?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

"Everything I know about life, I learned at the World Forgotten," by Crowheart will be hitting stores soon.

I was writing this sweet sic fi book but Stanislaw Lem stole my best ideas.
    The Rules

aww.

To be fair, I'm not getting very far. But the month isn't even half over yet.

I just can't bring myself to create crap.

aww.

To be fair, I'm not getting very far. But the month isn't even half over yet.

I just can't bring myself to create crap.
    It doesn't have to be crap, but that usually involves time I think. Do you have a lot of that? Time I mean?
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    It doesn't have to be crap, but that usually involves time I think. Do you have a lot of that? Time I mean?
    Sort of.

But no, it won't be crap, because I can't do that. If I don't like something, it bothers me until I go back and either remove it or change it. This makes me a bad candidate for finishing a novel in a month, I know.

Sort of.

But no, it won't be crap, because I can't do that. If I don't like something, it bothers me until I go back and either remove it or change it. This makes me a bad candidate for finishing a novel in a month, I know.
    Keep in mind what you think is crap, might not be crap. And the inverse is true as well, unfortunately. I heard somewhere that the more time you spend doing something like this, the less time it takes you to do the same amount. You know?
    The Rules

I'm not particularly worried about the inverse applying, but my self-editing standards go way back.

OCD?
    The Rules

Thats part of the point, correct? The idea behind this is to get people to pour their thoughts out, whatever story they want to tell, tell it, and fluff it up with useless shit till the cows come home. Editing isn't a concern. Just write, and write lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Thats part of the point, correct? The idea behind this is to get people to pour their thoughts out, whatever story they want to tell, tell it, and fluff it up with useless shit till the cows come home. Editing isn't a concern. Just write, and write lots.
    Everything I write that way is crap. (Except when its great).
    The Rules