Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ads and Nessus

More than x? any x? Now you are kidding! On an economical point the current distribution is non-optimal, by far.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    Those who have are been given.
    Not sure this translated correctly....

I think there are income levels that are difficult to justify - the classic example is the CEO who gets a fat contract-mandated bonus from a company that's losing money, or the golden parachute for failed executives, and so on. At a certain level in the bureacracy there's no direct relation between what the individual does and what the organization actually produces. How do you determine the value of what he does?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Over 90% of American millionaires were not born rich.
    Source?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/s...llionaire.html

http://www.freemoneyfinance.com/2005...cts_about.html

You get more self-made millionaires in the second one because the first was written before the internet boom.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Thnx.
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    There's no utilitarian argument for saying making more than x is unethical, because to have prosperity in a society you need people making more than x. Even in Finistan.

And you go after people for poor reading comprehension skills

Of course there's no utilitarian argument for an ethical argument, my whole point was that one could construe a whole new argument for wealth redistribution, something Cat found offensive Knocking down one argument does not invalidate other arguments by default
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Not sure this translated correctly....
    Me neither. The original is "Wer hat dem wird gegeben". Do you ever heard the saying, the first million is the hardest?
    I think there are income levels that are difficult to justify - the classic example is the CEO who gets a fat contract-mandated bonus from a company that's losing money, or the golden parachute for failed executives, and so on. At a certain level in the bureacracy there's no direct relation between what the individual does and what the organization actually produces. How do you determine the value of what he does?
    Now you get to what I am talking about, finally.
    Over 90% of American millionaires were not born rich.
    This is not surprising considering that the overall amount has risen, is it? But that's not my point. By position I don't mean class or heritage. But the floor of the building.
    Like I said, people need to stop vilifying the rich. Especially if you don't want to use the similar argument that poor people are poor because they're stupid/lazy.
    I repeat myself, there is a wide field between vilifying and adoring.
    Last edited by earthJoker; 11-17-2010 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    Me neither. The original is "Wer hat dem wird gegeben". Do you ever heard the saying, the first million is the hardest?
    Yes.
    The Rules

Yes.
    It's a simple fact that it is easier to get money if you have some. Of course it is not guaranteed, but the chances are there.

I agree. "It takes money to make money." When you have more money to work with than what you need to meet your basic needs, you can invest and so on. Its one aspect of the progressive tax justification.
    The Rules

I agree. "It takes money to make money." When you have more money to work with than what you need to meet your basic needs, you can invest and so on. Its one aspect of the progressive tax justification.
    And it not only works with money, also with reputation/status. BTW I have much more respect of those who actually invest in their own ideas with their own money, then for managers that still get money for failing (like in your examples). This is the stuff that I talk about. And these are not some exceptions.

I'm not offended at all I'm what you call a poorly done Devil's Advocate. And bored as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    That's between me and my sheets.
    I don't care about the outcome, I was curious about the introductory statement and the use of "poon."
    Yeah, hardieharhar low taxes and all, but I haven't taken a hard right turn.

Seeing as about 4 people commented on it independently, I'd say a trend was noticed by others, Man up and own it.

And my income isn't on the path to being "ethically insupportable". I don't even know what that means. It doesn't even seem possible unless you're a third world dictator. But the very language and assertions here are just kinda obnoxious.
    It was a joke in a razzing post.

I am not advertising or supporting the clicking on ads to artificially inflate clicks. I was merely commenting on how the genuine accident, perhaps somewhat due to how close the buttons are to some ads (or were at the time of my earlier post), would create a negligible increase of honest misclick that wouldn't be a significant amount, but none the less count as a click.