Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I suppose...

Shocking thread. I didn't realise oldmunchkin's situation and problems were so dire.

You should move over to England. The state would give you a fat council house rent free and with free healthcare too. All you'd need to do all day is watch TV and manage your dole money so that you could afford the finer things in life - Carlsberg Special Brew and Marlborough Lights. This is what a large portion of our populations seem to do anyway.

Alternatively you should go here and get some money: http://www.jerryspringertv.com/be_a_guest.php
    All those moments lost in time... like tears in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    Hey Munch. Sorry you're feeling so hurt. But let me say one thing: you have no proof. Granted, you might have reason to be suspicious, but I strongly advise against doing anything stupid based on circumstantial evidence. If you're wrong, and what I glean from your somewhat confused post you may be wrong, then you'll make an ass of yourself through precipitous action, and perhaps jeopardize these relationships whose integirty you value so much. You get me? If you're wrong, you'll screw up those relationships as much as if you had been right.

So, find out what the truth is, and try to be logical about it.
    I am trying to find out the truth, without ruining the relationship, if you can call what we have a relationship! That's a bit hard to do tho when neither one of them is speaking to me. The Ex won't answer her phone and The Friend will only talk for short periods of time. I think I'll probably know more when he goes back out on the truck! If he won't talk to me then, I'll know she is with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Catgrrl View Post
    Call it women's intuition, but I don't think Munchkin is off on her suspicions. People who stay real chummy with their exes, enough to ask their current girlfriend to help her out, often still have feelings for that person. Which can lead to some very confusing and fucked up situations.

The fact he is in town and hasn't come to see her speaks volumes quite frankly.
    When he is "home" it's 60 miles away. He goes to his Mom's because there is a place to park his truck and there isn't one here. Plus, she is in her 80's, his Dad is dead, and he is her only surviving child. She deserves to spend time with him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I wouldn't call it women's intuition but I think you are right to say that there are serious reasons for suspicion. And were I in her shoes I'd be desperately be cutting my losses right here and right now. But that's not easy if you're emotionally attached to the loss to be cut.
    When this whole thing started between the two of us, it was supposed to just be fun and games. Remember, I was still married to The Thing at that time. As time progressed, we both got more emotionally involved, or so I thought! I flat out asked him once, "If she wanted you, would you take her back?" His answer, "Probably not."

Oh of course not. That's always easier said than done. We always want to believe our loved ones are faithful and loyal to us. Betraying trust is one of the worst things a person can do when they know how much you care for them.
    I sincerely believe that, right up until now, he has been faithful. Maybe he is worried that I won't be, due to the beginnings of our "fling".

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Most important words in this thread good friendships are valuable, worth nurturing even when we don't have any real faith in the future. good luck, hope this works out
    Yes, friendships are worth nurturing. I do value my friendship with GGT, but she tends to be a bit blunt about her thoughts sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by xaero1 View Post
    Shocking thread. I didn't realise oldmunchkin's situation and problems were so dire.

You should move over to England. The state would give you a fat council house rent free and with free healthcare too. All you'd need to do all day is watch TV and manage your dole money so that you could afford the finer things in life - Carlsberg Special Brew and Marlborough Lights. This is what a large portion of our populations seem to do anyway.

Alternatively you should go here and get some money: http://www.jerryspringertv.com/be_a_guest.php
    I believe I shall pass on that! Both suggestions!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Oh okay, I thought he lived in the same town. Still, I would think after visiting with Mom he'd like to swing by and say hi to you, if only for an hour.

But if it is as you say, not really a relationship, then I guess I understand why things are the way they are.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmunchkin View Post
    You do know you just made my day, don't you?
    I am glad that I can - at least - help in some way
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

How is it not really a relationship just because you don't live under one roof? I think it could very well be/have been a real relationship.
    Congratulations America

Just going on what munchkin said "if you can call what we have a relationship".

Just going on what munchkin said "if you can call what we have a relationship".
    I guess you could call it more of a friendship/sexual and financial arrangement. Hell, I dunno what to call it. Let's see if this makes sense to anyone. I met The Friend back in 1979 or 1980, when he was with his second wife. Fast forward to 1986 or 1987, when I was divorced for the first time, and he for the second or third (I am not sure how many marriages he has had.) He wanted to date me, and I was still too burned from the divorce to even go for dinner with someone. Then he went to driving truck and I didn't see him until he started seeing the next wife, who I have known since I was a kid. She lived next door to me in 1988, and he used to come visit her. They got married, and I spent a lot of time at her house, since she was almost another Mom to me many times when I needed help. Then I married number three and moved away, coming back to work occasionally here when that man was off working on railroad gangs. I used to run into the two of them occasionally at the Bloody Bucket. Then I married number three, and the wife and the two of us became regular bar buddies. I kind of avoided him for quite a few years and he divorced that one and married The Ex. Since she is The Bug's other grandmother, they became The Enemy when her son deserted SRB and The Bug. The Ex deserted The Friend while he was out on the road, divorced him and remarried in less than three months. I didn't see him at all until after The Thing was working in Rock Springs. I ran into him in LLS one day, and he asked if I wanted to ride with him to see his Mom. I have known his Mom almost as long as I have known him, so of course I said yes. One thing led to another, and we started "playing" around. That has been almost four years now. He is, honestly, one of the best friends I have ever had. We talk on the phone for hours while he is driving, (Yes, he has a bluetooth headset.) about everything and nothing at all. He takes me places, he pays for things for me, he generally cares about my well-being.

Do we have a relationship? Or a friendship with benefits?
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

You have what you think you have, and no amount of talking it down is going to change it. The bigger question is; do you still have it? And that's something we can't really answer so you need to get the person who can give the answer to talk to you. On the other hand, his state of incommunicado bodes ill for your common future.
    Congratulations America

Ack, too many marriages and divorces between ya'll. My head is spinning.

I guess you could call it more of a friendship/sexual and financial arrangement.

One thing led to another, and we started "playing" around. That has been almost four years now.

He is, honestly, one of the best friends I have ever had. He takes me places, he pays for things for me, he generally cares about my well-being.

Do we have a relationship? Or a friendship with benefits?

Sounds similar to what you asked the forum years ago, if you should get a divorce after the affair started. Looks like you've answered your own question.

GGT, please don't start on me tonight. Also, if you have MSN on, get me...I seem to have lost you!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

This one's for munchie.

http://www.lyrics.com/me-and-bobby-m...tofferson.html

Most know the Janis Joplin version, but she died from an overdose while trying to feel good, and feeling good was easy enough. It usually is.

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose....

GGT, please don't start on me tonight. Also, if you have MSN on, get me...I seem to have lost you!
    Nope. Not falling for that anymore. Readers here have no idea what's been going on to this point, but it's not particularly pretty. I'm tired of you threatening suicide on MSN. And now you've brought it to the forum. You've manipulated me (and others, and we both know who, but it would be rude to mention them by name) by exploiting our compassions. Shame on you, really.

If I sound blunt or brusk, it's with good reason. You need a good ass kicking and wake-up call. You need to grow up and start acting like an adult, not a whimpering child. No need to say "We just don't understand", or we're preaching from a pedestal. That's your MO but it's lost its drama factor.

If you want to continue this thread, feel free. I'll talk to you as an internet 'friend'. Other people here think of you as an internet 'friend', too. But the moment you play the helpless victim card, I will call you on it. Because that undermines what true victims go through.