Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ad placement

Default Ad placement

Seems there is a big space now between the top bar and the ad unit...

So what? It's still keeping track of our surfing habits.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Seems there is a big space now between the top bar and the ad unit...
    Is it better now?

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Is it better now?
    Nevermind fixed.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Nevermind fixed.
    If the ads are making us money don't take them out.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Is it better now?
    They are gone, that can't be good.

After I fixed the problem in your browser, I realized I broke things in other browsers. You and Illusions just caught me fiddling with things. It's back below the navbar, because that's the only place I can find that doesn't break things for some combination of browsers and reasonable window size.

You can stamp that ad right over my avatar. I kept it clean and white for something. Now I know what.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    You can stamp that ad right over my avatar. I kept it clean and white for something. Now I know what.
    You've made me intrigued as to whether or not vBulletin sanitized their avatar uploads and disallowed uploading or linking a PHP or Python script that would randomly select an avatar from a list of them.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    You've made me intrigued as to whether or not vBulletin sanitized their avatar uploads and disallowed uploading or linking a PHP or Python script that would randomly select an avatar from a list of them.
    You're quite welcome.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

The ads are now bigger than the margin should allow (800x600). Ugly.

The ads are 728 x 90, you can see that in the code. They aren't bigger than 800 pixels wide.

Would you wear an ad on your clothing if the advertiser paid you? What about a sticker on your forehead? A tatoo? Is there a pay threshold for all these?
    The Rules

Would you wear a live monitor on your shirt displaying your forum posts?

Would you wear an ad on your clothing if the advertiser paid you? What about a sticker on your forehead? A tatoo? Is there a pay threshold for all these?
    People wear ads on their clothing all the time - and they usually even pay the advertiser for the privilege. That cute little Abercrombie logo on your sweats is advertising. Same with the logo for whatever sports team you like. And then we move on to the people who wear Coke and Marlboro tees.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Would you wear a live monitor on your shirt displaying your forum posts?
    Not in a million years. I find half my posts personally embarrassing.
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    People wear ads on their clothing all the time - and they usually even pay the advertiser for the privilege. That cute little Abercrombie logo on your sweats is advertising. Same with the logo for whatever sports team you like. And then we move on to the people who wear Coke and Marlboro tees.
    So how about the sticker on your forehead? Or a condom ad on your boob, though I think by the time he sees it, he'd better be prepared already.
    The Rules

I don't suppose you remember the scene from one of the Ramona Quimby books where a class full of kids wore chiquita banana stickers on their foreheads? It's a girly book, one of many of the children's chapter books belonging to me that my son refused to read, but my daughter really loved it and it didn't seem particularly dated. If your daughter isn't past that level in her reading and hasn't already they are pretty entertaining.

Not in a million years. I find half my posts personally embarrassing.
    Indeed, so it's not really a worthwhile comparison, is it?

The ads are 728 x 90, you can see that in the code. They aren't bigger than 800 pixels wide.
    No, my screen is 800x600.

Okay, so...sorry, but I'm not following what the problem is.

I don't suppose you remember the scene from one of the Ramona Quimby books where a class full of kids wore chiquita banana stickers on their foreheads? It's a girly book, one of many of the children's chapter books belonging to me that my son refused to read, but my daughter really loved it and it didn't seem particularly dated. If your daughter isn't past that level in her reading and hasn't already they are pretty entertaining.
    She may be. What age level? My daughter's ten and she's reading some pretty sophisticated stuff for a ten year old.
    The Rules

Indeed, so it's not really a worthwhile comparison, is it?
    Why are you trying to hurt me?
    The Rules

I want to shower you with love. In the form of tiny tiny pictures on the top of this page.

I want to shower you with love.
    Kinky. I'm not into the whole pissing thing. Sorry.
    The Rules

She may be. What age level? My daughter's ten and she's reading some pretty sophisticated stuff for a ten year old.
    I think it would depend on her, then.

http://bookwizard.scholastic.com/tbw...t=1397&Ne=1314

The grade levels are all over the place.
    The Rules

Like I said, it would depend on her. They'd be fairly light reading for her, but my guess is she'd find them entertaining.

Like I said, it would depend on her. They'd be fairly light reading for her, but my guess is she'd find them entertaining.
    Does that site rate each book individually for grade level?
    The Rules