Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Piccy...

Quote Originally Posted by Spawnie View Post
    Every fight ive ever seen since school has been between two drunken people who have just grabbed one another by the collar and punched with the other hand until the fight is split up or has been 15 chavs piling in on one or two guys.

Martial arts in these circumstances seem relatively pointless...
    Some of those mixed martial arts submission holds might come in handy against a big drunken goon. Not sure about a horde of chavs. Probably would need at least a semi-automatic rifle for that.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Every fight ive ever seen since school has been between two drunken people who have just grabbed one another by the collar and punched with the other hand until the fight is split up or has been 15 chavs piling in on one or two guys.

Martial arts in these circumstances seem relatively pointless...
    Don't understimate the effect that training has in a fight, even when the guy's too drunk to remember where he parked his car. I've never seen a drunken martial arts master fight, but I've sen plenty of guys use their military close combat moves in a drunken stupor.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Not sure about a horde of chavs. Probably would need at least a semi-automatic rifle for that.
    Full auto, and nothing longer than a carbine. You don't want to be swinging a long barrel around, as it's too easy for the chavs to deflect or grab. For maximum effect, I'd suggest an SMG, like an MP5 or an Uzi.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Learning how to use (effectively) my Tilt-Shift lens.
    I failed at getting the focal plane to line up along the length of the chain. Almost, but not quite.
    The line above the horizon is polution.

So do I have to wear a monocle and raise my pinky while I say it?

I think its said with a little less dignity, usually in a sentence with a few choice harsh words while spitting off to the side.

So it's actually a german word?

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    Don't understimate the effect that training has in a fight, even when the guy's too drunk to remember where he parked his car. I've never seen a drunken martial arts master fight, but I've sen plenty of guys use their military close combat moves in a drunken stupor.
    Hm. Ive seen plenty of squaddies fight and theres no perceptible difference barring the fact that they usually started it and therefore usually win. Other than that its the same old honking haymakers.
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    I failed at getting the focal plane to line up along the length of the chain. Almost, but not quite.

Wrong thread I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Young Mage View Post
    So do I have to wear a monocle and raise my pinky while I say it?
    Uh... wigger == white-nigger. It's not exactly a "dignified" word.

Hm. Ive seen plenty of squaddies fight and theres no perceptible difference barring the fact that they usually started it and therefore usually win. Other than that its the same old honking haymakers.
    More proof that American military folks are superior to British servicemen.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Knux897 View Post
    Wrong thread I think?
    Why? It's my piccy.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    Uh... wigger == white-nigger. It's not exactly a "dignified" word.

More proof that American military folks are superior to British servicemen.
    As long as the enemy arent poorly armed farmers, of course...

(or vending machines)
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

I'm from Pakistan.

Good for you then

Reported. That hurts my feelings.

And your presence aggrivates mine

[IMG]nice picture[/IMG]
    Have you ever been here?

Canon Digital Photography Forum
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Knux897 View Post
    And your presence aggrivates mine
    Again, why are you acting like this? I did nothing remotely close to trolling or attacking someone.

Again, why are you acting like this? I did nothing remotely close to trolling or attacking someone.
    Sounds like PM time.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Not yet, at least.

Reported for obviously trying to start a fight with me. I'm not going to get baited that easily or that easily just yet.

Reported for obviously trying to start a fight with me. I'm not going to get baited that easily or that easily just yet.
    Reported for stupid.

@Being.
    No, haven't hung around that forum. Are you a member? What screen name?

Reported for stupid.
    and reported for calling me names.

There was no name calling.
    Reported for stupid, again.

Reported for not being where you are supposed to be.

So there.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

There was no name calling.
    Reported for stupid, again.
    Reported for calling my actions stupid which in turn mean you're question my logic thereby calling me stupid to a certain degree.

Where am I purportedly not, lolli?

You're not here!
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.