Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Piccy...

Hey now, you guys don't look at peoples' teeth in pictures? Maybe it's because I have one child still in braces.....

it's WEIRD how preferences can differ

toups don't listen to the grunge-era fossil
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    I think he'd be hawter with hair.

Or less like a little kid, anyway.

(I do wonder why it is that less well off families always get their kids buzz cuts. It costs the same as a regular haircut and has to be done more frequently, and makes your kid look like he's in prison besides).
    Were you being serious here, Lolli?

I think he'd be hawter with hair.

Or less like a little kid, anyway.

(I do wonder why it is that less well off families always get their kids buzz cuts. It costs the same as a regular haircut and has to be done more frequently, and makes your kid look like he's in prison besides).
    How bout...cause its cheap and easy to do at HOME!!
    Last edited by oldmunchkin; 08-12-2010 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Holy Smurf...my typing skill s (along with spelling) SUCK!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Hey now, you guys don't look at peoples' teeth in pictures? Maybe it's because I have one child still in braces.....
    Good God woman! When he is in the MIDDLE of high school, braces SHOULD be done!

EDIT: Sorry for the double post but...for some reason I can't multiquote when I have to change pages!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Thanks for the compliments on the teeth. And the date...

As for the buzz, I got it on a whim. A girl told me to do it, and I was curious myself, so I got it done. I really liked the look so I decided to keep it. It's much easier to take care off, and I can get it buzzed at my friends house for free. Although I admit that I am getting a bit bored of it, and I've been thinking about growing it out on top and keeping the sides trimmed. I just think that my head is to round on top to do it.

It makes your ears stick out.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmunchkin View Post
    Good God woman! When he is in the MIDDLE of high school, braces SHOULD be done!
    Who're you talking to? The kid is 14 years old, starts *gasp* high school in September. When it's all said and done, he'll have spent three years in orthodontia.

As for buzz cuts.....I love them. Especially athletes or sweaty-head boys. Running your fingers through a buzz cut feels great on the fingers (my sons confirm that girls love to do that....) and I like a clean-cut look. No, they don't necessarily look like skin heads or military kids.

Also, I've no idea where this less well off families buzz cut their kids comes from (lolli). Maybe it's a regional thing?

You just said yourself that a buzz cut is associated with skin heads and military kids
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

No, I acknowledged a stereotype that's out there. I've heard moms at the barber say "do a buzz cut but don't make him look like a neo-Nazi or military brat".

It's totally a regional thing.

I've actually seen a woman buzz-cut her daughter when head lice was going around.

And what gets me is that they pay the salon to do it, it's not like they are using their own clippers at home.

I find nothing attractive about it at all. Luckily for me my son agrees. He very cheerfully tells his stylist to use her scissors rather than clippers, even when he thinks he wants it shorter than usual.

Okay, but what's that got to do with family income?

btw I started taking my kids to a barber or salon right after I butchered their first toddler hair-cut, and they cared. It's hard to do a good cut on anyone with very fine hair, let alone cowlicks.

You'd have to have a really good picture of the area I live in to understand, and I'm not particularly in the mood for that tonight. The demographics here are bizarre.

The short version is that there is a subdivision nearby that straddles county lines, and you can see a "class" difference between the two sides.

There's more to it than that, but I'm really not in the mood for it. Sorry.

It was really an unimportant comment for you to latch on to, anyway.

No problem. Rtoups didn't 'latch on' or seem to mind the negative insinuation. Demographics are strange and local, that's for sure. Hat Etiquette seems to have more shared context to everyone than hair-cuts, even across the pond.

Who're you talking to? The kid is 14 years old, starts *gasp* high school in September. When it's all said and done, he'll have spent three years in orthodontia.

As for buzz cuts.....I love them. Especially athletes or sweaty-head boys. Running your fingers through a buzz cut feels great on the fingers (my sons confirm that girls love to do that....) and I like a clean-cut look. No, they don't necessarily look like skin heads or military kids.

Also, I've no idea where this less well off families buzz cut their kids comes from (lolli). Maybe it's a regional thing?
    I really thought he was older than that! I thought he was about a JR. this year! So sorry for losing my mind!

The Kid agrees with your son! He said the girls *love* the buzz thingy!

No, I acknowledged a stereotype that's out there. I've heard moms at the barber say "do a buzz cut but don't make him look like a neo-Nazi or military brat".
    I don't know why, but this statement makes me think redneck village, and made me laugh, hard!

It's totally a regional thing.

I've actually seen a woman buzz-cut her daughter when head lice was going around.

And what gets me is that they pay the salon to do it, it's not like they are using their own clippers at home.

I find nothing attractive about it at all. Luckily for me my son agrees. He very cheerfully tells his stylist to use her scissors rather than clippers, even when he thinks he wants it shorter than usual.
    It really is a regional thing. BUT, I think girls/women with buzz cuts are just too lazy to take care of their hair. Yes, I understand when head lice is going thru a school, why a Mom might do that to her daughter, but...

I think I love your son!

Okay, but what's that got to do with family income?

btw I started taking my kids to a barber or salon right after I butchered their first toddler hair-cut, and they cared. It's hard to do a good cut on anyone with very fine hair, let alone cowlicks.
    It really does seem like it has a lot to do with income levels! Usually...the poor people around here are the ones with the kids with buzz cuts!

Uhm, when the kid(s) care about their hair, it really is past time for the barber!

You'd have to have a really good picture of the area I live in to understand, and I'm not particularly in the mood for that tonight. The demographics here are bizarre.

The short version is that there is a subdivision nearby that straddles county lines, and you can see a "class" difference between the two sides.

There's more to it than that, but I'm really not in the mood for it. Sorry.

It was really an unimportant comment for you to latch on to, anyway.
    Why do I completely understand this?
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

If it costs $10 for a cheap haircut and it costs $10 for a cheap set of clippers then I can damn sure understand why it might be an economic decision to buy a set of clippers for the price of 1 hair cut and get maybe 100 buzz-cuts before the clippers wear out. Though as Lolli insinuated, this logic goes out the window if they're NOT buzz cutting their kids hair themselves and instead pay for it at a salon/barber.

I had long hair when I was a teenager, short hair in my 20's and now that my hair has thinned out somewhat I have a set of clippers and just buzz the noggin every 2 weeks. I haven't paid for a hair cut in probably 5 years - although I can certainly afford it I just couldn't see the point in paying someone to do such a simple task.

I tried shaving my head for a while but I found I unintentionally terrified people, that and you have to do it every day and I am just too fucking lazy for that shit.
    Such is Life...

Trim it down to about 1mm and you can leave it for a week or two

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Trim it down to about 1mm and you can leave it for a week or two
    I've mostly used the #2 comb on the clippers, I think that is 2mm which sounds about right since it needs about 2 weeks between cuts.

The clean shaved head suits some people, my problem is that I have a few scars on my head which don't look too obvious with the buzz cut but look nasty when clean shaved. The scars are mostly the result of misadventure and (or) misfortune in my youth including, but not limited to, being hit by a car when I was 10 years old.

A funny thing I noticed was that when I did clean shave my head I would get served before other people - on one occasion I was in a shop waiting behind others and the shop assistant looked past them and served me - as if he just wanted to get this scary looking fucker out of his shop as quick as possible. This didn't impress me and certainly didn't impress the people in front of me so I just gave the guy a stern look and said "these people are first". He then served them very quickly, as if I might rip one of his arms off if he didn't do it quick enough.

While I'm sure this may have had its advantages it wasn't something I wanted to encourage - it seemed likely to lead to a misunderstanding of some sort so I trim the beard and buzz the head every 2 weeks. Now I find far fewer people consider my appearance to be so menacing, ironically way back when I had long hair and the same beard I was treated more like a peace loving hippy! The truth is I am neither.
    Such is Life...

Here's a few more of me...

Preparing a dock start for Wakeboarding.

When I held a house warming party 18 months ago the theme was pirates...
    All those moments lost in time... like tears in the rain

Norton and aero have short hair! Looks good

he won

Been trying to get the hang of shooting people this year, am kinda happy with these... crappy cellphone camera notwithstanding

I wonder if there's a (loose) correlation between the number of self-pics posted and the poster's vanity?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

aimless looks hungry
    and those are some thick glasses

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    I wonder if there's a (loose) correlation between the number of self-pics posted and the poster's vanity?
    No pics of either you or Lolli in this thread

Yeah those glasses were ridiculously thick at the sides! Normal-thickness plastic lenses (as opposed to extra thin) at -4.5 looks something like that.

No pics of either you or Lolli in this thread
    Exactly.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Exactly, so the correlation is probably looser than Dreadnaught

Exactly, so the correlation is probably looser than Dreadnaught
    Ahem. I think, in fact, the correlation is strong and therefore undermines the rather flippant accusations of narcisscism certain northern Europeans have made in the past.
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Ahem. I think, in fact, the correlation is strong and therefore undermines the rather flippant accusations of narcisscism certain northern Europeans have made in the past.
    You're a solipsist, plain and simple.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.