Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Piccy...

That's not fair, termite! Your 'pre' photo shows reds and pinks, and the blue of your eyes. The 'post' photo is a study in mustard yellows and grey shadows.

*pfft*
    Termite, I cut off more than you had.

Children in a rare moment of playing nicely together :lol:

Can't believe Lily starts school this year, how the hell did that happen!?

How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

Aw, cute kids. Love the Superman jammies boy trying to grab the keyboard from his older sister. Looks like a fun household.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Aw, cute kids. Love the Superman jammies boy trying to grab the keyboard from his older sister. Looks like a fun household.
    Fun, yes, but also very noisy! I think Jake is just trying to sing into the microphone too Fortunately I was in bed when all of this happened (Night shifts)
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    What V-Twin goodness is that behind you? HD?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Termite, how's the motorcycle doing?
    I'll answer both...
    Yes, it's a 1997 HD Superglide which in its day was as close to a "sports" model as you could get without being a Sportster - it handles well around the corners and eats up the open road very nicely. It's economical for a 1340cc bike (80 Cubic Inch - which was huge in its day but not any more) and although the 900 Ninja I had prior to this was much faster I find this bike more "ridable", meaning it doesn't have to go 300 km/h, it will cruise all day at 150km/h and get off the bike feeling fine rather than feeling like an unwound paper clip (as I did on the Ninja after a long days ride) the Superglide will crack 200km/h if you choose to although I don't feel the need to do so and this probably has a lot to do with why it is still in near immaculate condition.

Despite it being "old" and having a lot of miles on the clock (like me ) it is the most reliable and enjoyable motorcycle I've ever owned (I've had a few!). While most my mates have "upgraded" first to bigger 1450cc (88CI) twin cams and now they're "upgrading" again to 1700cc (103CI) fuel injected computerized race tuned monsters I am still able to hold my own on the open road - not to mention service, repair and maintain the bike myself as it is ridiculously easy to do. This cannot be said for the guys with their admittedly impressive new bikes, most of whom pay wads of cash to have serviced and the upgrades seem endless and nonsensical.

I may buy a new fangled bike eventually but I'm keeping the Evo regardless.

That's not fair, termite! Your 'pre' photo shows reds and pinks, and the blue of your eyes. The 'post' photo is a study in mustard yellows and grey shadows.
    Yeah fair call, the second pic was in my garage using the shitty webcam on my laptop - sorry I grew the beard straight back and avoided any other photo's for fear of becoming a Jeckyl & Hyde like basket case.

I seriously found it strange to not recognize myself, I even caught my reflection in a shop window and thought "Whats that weirdo looking at?" before realizing it was me!

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    *pfft*
    Termite, I cut off more than you had.
    Touche! You did indeed.

I did grow the full beard when I was younger bad sadly I resembled one of the Amish so it was the Mo-Bead or Goatee for me ever since.

[EDIT] Oh and GGT I also had more color in the before photo thanks to way too much red wine!
    Such is Life...

And more shirt. You looked just fine clean-shaven, but the goatee added some 'character' to your look.

Against the better judgement i temporarily misplaced during staff party last night...

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I actually find your shirt the most out-of-place element. Doesn't mesh with my perception of your personality.

You look great with a goatee, Aimless!

Happy to see an updated picture of Bitter.

Since you're using mustache wax for the up-turned handlebar effect...can't wait to see what you might post 6 months from now!

We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Happy to see an updated picture of Bitter.

Since you're using mustache wax for the up-turned handlebar effect...can't wait to see what you might post 6 months from now!
    No mustache wax needed!
    Protip #3957: Eyelash curlers also curl mustache hairs.

Awesome pic, Lolli!

Is that how you get the look? Well, I hope you're not tempted by a hot curling iron as your facial hair grows longer.

Hahaha! No curling irons.
    I try to keep grooming as low maintenance as possible.
    Thus the beard. You'll never see me shave everyday!

Wait so the reason you started acting like an old man was because you actually became an old man??

Back to Goodwood Revival for my birthday this year.

Nice sepia tones in those pics, Timbuk. Looks like you had a good birthday!

Cool. It seems like basically everyone photographed was dressed like an old timey person. Is there a dress code for the event?

I live the opposite lifestyle. Here's me and my wife 69ing on the street:

My little bundle of joy/reason why I'm tired and losing weight through stress:

Awww
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Grats on the bundle Lor!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Cool. It seems like basically everyone photographed was dressed like an old timey person. Is there a dress code for the event?
    No real dress code, and when the event started up over 20 years ago no one dressed up. But people started to do so increasingly year on year, and nowadays almost everyone does. You feel a bit of a tool if you show up in T-shirt and Jeans.

It really adds to the occasion. People make a real effort, it's great.

Primarily '40s, 50's and 60's gear. This year some people showed up in '70s psychedelia too.

Some stock pics:

The racing is ... full on too. No holds barred, despite many of the cars racing being utterly rare and worth millions. Here's a 1958 Ferrari Dino flipping in the 2000 Revival.

He survived.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 10-06-2014 at 09:50 AM.

Me and the ladies

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Cute! I'm actually going to Disney World tomorrow and one of my primary goals is to get a pic with every Disney princess I see.

Me and Einstein:
    Click to view the full version
    Your search had no results.

Appetizers make us REALLY happy