Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Piccy...

Holy. Fucking. Shit. Some of you are OLDER than my parents.

If you think we are too old, maybe another forum would suit you better.

Nope, i expect most to be in their 20s, not 40s and you guys need some fresh blood to be down with the current lingo and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Mage View Post
    Holy. Fucking. Shit. Some of you are OLDER than my parents.
    And doesn't that just make you wonder what your parents would rather be doing?
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

I'm surprised as to WHY the hell are you guys on a forum arguing about everything? If someone can provide me with a reason as to why....

And this site beats being a creepy pedophile on chatroullete, at least you're being somewhat productive.

I have enough young blood in my life to know the lingo. Though, Ive got a few months left of my 20s to go.

The internet is made up of people of all ages, so no one should be surprised that there are older adults in a forum like this. Especially given that the posting style here reflects that.

EDIT: There are people who argue, but many like to simply discuss. There are the few whiners that take over good threads, but I guess they entertain some people because they haven't been banned just yet. To each his own. If this forum isn't to your liking, I'm sure you'll find another one to post in.

Well, let's see.

A. I'm nowhere near 40.
    B. I have two children, not like I can go out every night.
    C. Boredom sucks.
    D. I like to argue with intelligent people, sometimes.
    E. The interwebs aren't just for children.
    F. This is the only place I've been today where I haven't had a random stranger hit on me.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Well, let's see.

A. I'm nowhere near 40.
    C. Boredom sucks.
    F. This is the only place I've been today where I haven't had a random stranger hit on me.
    Stripes is still hitting on you?

Quote Originally Posted by Catgrrl View Post
    I have enough young blood in my life to know the lingo. Though, Ive got a few months left of my 20s to go.

The internet is made up of people of all ages, so no one should be surprised that there are older adults in a forum like this. Especially given that the posting style here reflects that.

EDIT: There are people who argue, but many like to simply discuss. There are the few whiners that take over good threads, but I guess they entertain some people because they haven't been banned just yet. To each his own. If this forum isn't to your liking, I'm sure you'll find another one to post in.
    I'll change. eventually. Let's see how it goes having a teen on this site.

Well, let's see.

A. I'm nowhere near 40.
    C. Boredom sucks.
    and Lolli, she's a milf.
    - YM

Unless we're acquaintances now.....

You're not the only teen on this site. I can think of at least 2 others. They just happen to not be obnoxious.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Stripes is still hitting on you?
    Stripes never stops. I could have sworn you were taking him away.

Unless we're acquaintances now.....
    Oh, forgot about that.

Oooops.

Fine, we'll just take that one off.

I'm surprised as to WHY the hell are you guys on a forum arguing about everything? If someone can provide me with a reason as to why....

How odd. Why would forums be the playground of teens only?

Don't you think us folk in our twenties, thirties, forties and fifties like to banter about all things serious and not so serious, with other folk in their twenties, thirties, forties and fifties around the globe?

~

Why? Reasons why?

Atari CC has always been a melting pot of fascinating people from a plethora of places, backgrounds and cultures, as I'm sure many other adult forums are.

I have learnt some wonderful facts and insights there, and now here. We have some remarkable people. A lot of intelligence, a lot of wit, a lot of sarcasm and cynicism, a lot of humour ...

... outrageous opinions, long and complicated debates, bizarre flame wars and hilarious mud-slinging insults, grudges played out over time ...

... watching long-time members' lifestories develop, relationships, loves, break-ups, divorces, sex-lives, childbirth, careers forming and breaking, courses and universities attended ...

... discussing banal day-to-day stuff, gauging others' thoughts and opinions on matters large and small, talking about hobbies, sports, bands, books, music, movies, art ...

How incredible that we have this daily cooking pot of such differing lives from countries all over the place able to converse with such ease.

Most of all though, I frequently smile and often laugh at the posts people make here. It is a joy to be part of a long-term community filled with so many familiar people. Many of us have been members for 10 years. That is a long time for any online grouping.

Why do you think we went to the lengths we did to create this place once Atari CC was overrun then shut down? Why wouldn't we want this?

You strange little fella.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Timmo, you summed it up nicely. It nearly brought a tear to my eye!

Fine, we'll just take that one off.
    If stranger hit on you, you must be attractive. How can someone manage to be attractive after going through childbirth? TWICE.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    You're not the only teen on this site. I can think of at least 2 others. They just happen to not be obnoxious.
    Name them. I'd like to talk to them. Maybe you're just jealous i live a carefree life?

and Timbuk, that was all I needed, a simple explanation and cool touching story bro .

If stranger hit on you, you must be attractive. How can someone manage to be attractive after going through childbirth? TWICE.
    Either this deserves stupid points, or we are being trolled.

How is that trolling? Or how is that being stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Can't we just call it both
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I think it deserves stupid points, myself.

Might as well put up some from the vacation.

Now now, should i be the one worried about my looks/weight?

Well, let's see.

A. I'm nowhere near 40.
    How are you defining 'near?'

Stupid. Or just being a 16 year old. There's often no difference.

How is that trolling? Or how is that being stupid?
    How's that being stupid? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Can't we just call it both
    No. Trolling is with intent. He doesn't appear to even recognize a. how offensive his question was and b. how clueless it was. Its like murder, without intent its just mansalughter.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

OG - you're like Ogre: Ugly as hell but still manage to score an attractive woman. In his case, he's got personality. How did you do it?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    How are you defining 'near?'
    I'm 21. Just ask Sailorboy, he'll tell you.

How would you define near?

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    OG - you're like Ogre: Ugly as hell but still manage to score an attractive woman. In his case, he's got personality. How did you do it?
    I make awesome babies.

I'm not stupid I guess? Stable life, good financies considering it all.
    The winner is that I never grew up, so I'm a package of unpredictable fun without the bar lifestyle common at my age, yet still cheesy romantic.

Our 2 year anniversary is this week. So I had reddit members from around the world texting her throughout the day yesterday so that Brandy would know that the world knows I love her.
    For the most part that went pretty well, even after it was passed onto 4chan.

I make awesome babies.
    All by yourself? Wow, you are a stud.

I'm not stupid I guess? Stable life, good financies considering it all.
    The winner is that I never grew up, so I'm a package of unpredictable fun without the bar lifestyle common at my age, yet still cheesy romantic.

Our 2 year anniversary is this week. So I had reddit members from around the world calling her throughout the day yesterday so that Brandy would know that the world knows I love her.
    For the most part that went pretty well, even after it was passed onto 4chan.
    I guess that's 'romantic' to some people. Nice thought at least. Wonder what she has planned for you......

I corrected it to texting. No one actually called, which was a nice surprise. Lots of meme references she needed explained, but most of the messages were light hearted and supportive of what I was aiming at.

The reddit thread, the timing was bad considering that the community went apeshit over what they incorrectly thought was someone faking cancer the day before, but she ended up with a little under a hundred messages.

She spent a good deal of time tracking down and recreating my SNES collection.

This is akin to dousing yourself in gasoline and walking through a Zippo factory.
    You sure do love your reddit and digg. Oh, and Brandy too apparently.

(I'd have killed you for doing that if I was your partner, btw. )

Name them. I'd like to talk to them. Maybe you're just jealous i live a carefree life?

and Timbuk, that was all I needed, a simple explanation and cool touching story bro .
    NGS and Mario.
    Hope is the denial of reality

NGS is a teeny-bopper?!

Thought she (he?) was in her (his?) thirties. And a teacher. For some bizarre reason.

Oh man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.