Thread: Thank you, Guvment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The problem is, those shares are selling for $34; we need $50 per share to recoup our investment even without charging interest. Smoke and mirrors to hide the transfer of money from the taxpayer to the private sector.
    I think this is the wrong look entirely. I think we could have been in the much worse scenario of having giving them money with no strings, and not in the form of buying stock. Arguably we NEEDED to do it to avoid dire consequences, we expected loss, financial loss this is a way to minimizes our losses with providing the necessary bail outs. I just wished they forced management to be rotated out over the years and fined them heavily.

What did you expect on the bail out? I think this is a good outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebanese Dragon View Post
    I think this is the wrong look entirely. I think we could have been in the much worse scenario of having giving them money with no strings, and not in the form of buying stock. Arguably we NEEDED to do it to avoid dire consequences, we expected loss, financial loss this is a way to minimizes our losses with providing the necessary bail outs. I just wished they forced management to be rotated out over the years and fined them heavily.

What did you expect on the bail out? I think this is a good outcome.
    I expected Capitalism to work its magic and replace a failed industry with something more innovative. Bailing out failed industries only prolongs the inevitable. And doing it with money borrowed from China is just downright irresponsible. Why didn't we raise taxes to pay for it so we aren't stuck with the interest payments for the next 500 years?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?