Thread: Bush at Facebook

Default Bush at Facebook

http://livestre.am/utaM

This was an interesting video. Mainly interesting to see him just riffing on stuff. Didn't realize this, but I don't think we ever really saw Bush just riff and ramble. Everything was always bullet points and politicking. Now he's all, "Well, if you see me on the street or in the airport feel free to wave. Hopefully with five fingers, but I've seen both ways so whatever."

The part where he talks about China at the end is particularly interesting.

He was probably inuendated with the one finger waves.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

I think he learned early on that breaking away from bullet points wasn't his strong point. Guy got his own freaking word because he butchered our language so badly.

Anyone else watch and recommend it? OP isn't really clear about content. If it's about his 8 years of presidency in a political way, I'd be less inclined to sit through it. If it's more a personal angle it could be good.

Not sure what riff and ramble means
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Not particularly interested in this long video, but I'm not surprised. Everything I've heard says W is very personable and fairly funny. His inability to communicate about policy extemporaneously boded poorly for his executive skills, but doesn't mean he is dumb or inarticulate in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Anyone else watch and recommend it? OP isn't really clear about content. If it's about his 8 years of presidency in a political way, I'd be less inclined to sit through it. If it's more a personal angle it could be good.

Not sure what riff and ramble means
    Basically, an open-ended monologue, making associations as he thinks of them based on the questions he's being asked.

He doesn't talk much about specific policies (though he demonstrates a lot more of a detail-oriented view than he projected while in office). But he makes a ton of jokes about shilling for his book. And he also talks a lot about his views on executive leadership, China and a bit about "freedom".

He also makes fun of the founder of Facebook for not graduating from college, then fist-bumps him for not graduating from college. Some of the comments are sorta surreal.

I was hoping that he would poke fun at Zuckerberg for attending Harvard (since Bush is a Yale grad). Interesting video nonetheless.