Hi, so Time Warner Cable--my family's current provider for all 3 services--has told us that they'll be upping our monthly rates by about $15 to around $185/month. We're not happy with that and are seriously considering switching. Our first thought is AT&T U-verse, but we're open to other things. We actually don't have any HDTVs so no need to worry about any of that

Basic rundown of current services:
-getting service through 4 tvs, 2 of which have receivers (1 DVR) and at least 400 channels
-Road Runner High Speed Online, though I really am not sure what the current speeed is. One place said 7.5 mbps but I don't know how to verify that and TWC isn't making it obvious.
-basic unlimited phone in US, Canada

What U-verse is offering for 6 months at $132-$134/month:
-3 receivers & 1 free receiver/DVR. This is interesting because currently we dont need boxes for 2 of our tvs and don't mind having fewer channels. Also, I have an Xbox 360 and know that you can use that as a receiver, but I'll be going to college next year and don't know if I'll take the 360 or not
-internet at 12 mbps
-same phone

We have until December 4th (that's 4 December for you foriners who happen to read this) to decide, so I'd like some quick responses please!

We're not sure if we want to go with this because the price is only for 6 months, after which it goes up about $40, which is basically where we are now!

My family and I could really use some advice. Do you guys think this is worth the switch? I've heard some poor things about U-verse picture quality. Would something like Verizon FiOs be a better idea? This isn't something I know a whole lot about, particularly (strangely) on the internet side of things. Any help is ridiculously appreciated.