Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coughing

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    In Finnish, we have expression, "if sauna, vodka and tar don't cure it, it is fatal"
    Tar as in cigarettes? Is this why your health care system isn't crumbling under the weight of the elderly. There isn't any weight...?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Tar as in cigarettes? Is this why your health care system isn't crumbling under the weight of the elderly. There isn't any weight...?
    No, something older than Native American filth
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    No, something older than Native American filth
    Um? Newborn's first poop? No, wait. Hashish? Raw opium?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    I'd assume he'd know if he needed to go to the doctor because of it, though.
    I do, last time I had a cold I had it so bad that I was coughing up something that looked suspiciously like blood. The visit to my doctor got me a recipe for codeine. I also doubt it can be a bacteria that survived my use of anti-biotics after my operation in 2009. In september of that year I used a massive dose for IIRC three whole weeks because of a gaping wound in my underbelly. The problem with the coughing was as bad before that as it is today.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I do, last time I had a cold I had it so bad that I was coughing up something that looked suspiciously like blood. The visit to my doctor got me a recipe for codeine. I also doubt it can be a bacteria that survived my use of anti-biotics after my operation in 2009. In september of that year I used a massive dose for IIRC three whole weeks because of a gaping wound in my underbelly. The problem with the coughing was as bad before that as it is today.
    Yikes.
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Yikes.
    Yikes indeed, imagine yourself as a leaking watertank with spoiled water. I kept it from leaking through my clothes by covering it with a huge bandaid (10cm by 15 more or less) and then 2 sanitary towels on top of those. In the beginning not even that would keep all in. Strange things you learn about your body in that kind of situation; for example that an opening of about 10cm in your belly doesn't really hurt once the infection has been fought off. I had to rinse it with luke-warm water every day and that didn't even cause major discomfort. Dosage of anti-biotics was well over 1000 mg a day untill it closed. I think the scar looks quite decent, maybe even better than if the stitches had stayed in.
    Congratulations America